Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2010, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-X-1
Where were you when they were handing out $300 LTS accounts for Art and Story contests? I never heard any public outcry like "I can't draw" or "I can't write" back then, so why now?

Maybe because an LTS does not affect the actual gameplay?
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
excellent point
not paying 15$ for those each month. thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Maybe because an LTS does not affect the actual gameplay?
Exactly. If it were just a skin... take it my way. I like the Galaxy X, I hate exclusives and I'd be ****ed anyway, but it could go with it.

But the way the Galaxy X is designed is Gamebreaking; a cloak, a super-canon... The god-mode-ship.

I will leave EVERY pvp game that thing appears in at once by heading to the sector border, on Klingon AND Fed side, and i know, a lot of people I talked to will do the same.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2010, 11:08 AM
God-mode is unlikely, but game balance altering, certainly.
I can't think of a single MMO that has gone this far with a new game altering mechanic. It would be like Blizzard making Death Knights exclusive to their referral program.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2010, 05:57 PM
as far as i have seen in most games making some people special due to a Referral rewards only alienates people and makes them not want to play the game. Couple that with the c-store that most of the new ship content has been channelled in to, makes most people feel that cryptic cares more about making the C-store and referral program work rather than adding fun new content to there game and getting people that way.

For me all this has done is p*** me off and i have not played in about a week. Its as if paying them a subscription is just not enough you must spend money on cryptic points and spend your time outside of game trying to get people to play a game with no endgame content other than a few annoying STF's and really repetetive exploration missions, as well as a subscription. If this was anything else but star trek i would have gone long ago.. but the carrot of vet rewards and walking arround inside my ship is all that is keeping me here atm.

I realize that most will find fault in all i have said and i can see what u mean but this is just how i feel
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Keep it as a reward for the RAF program - Sure.

Keep it as an exclusive reward from the RAF program - No.

The suggested fix to this was easy, make the RAF Program reward contain all / Some of the Pre-order bonus items thus the benefit of referring a friend is getting them ALL FREE. Incidentally, this promotes those referrers to PLAY with their friends since those Pre-order items are meant for early levels.

Thus it makes the early game more interesting and they can go and level a new character with their referrals. Thus better gameplay for all rather than... oh look shilling like crazy for referals who people have no intention of helping beyond getting what they want out of it.

Thats REALLY classy and sure to send a good message to new players when the moment they get into STO.

As for the rest of us that wont or cant use the referal program, put the items on the C-Store so we can get them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2010, 07:20 PM
I think I'm just going to start believing all the people who are so down on their own abilities that they insist on labeling anyone who achieves their goals with insults. Maybe I'll name my X after one of the more vocal malcontents and start organizing "Galaxy X only" events. I mean, if I'm going to suffer through the never ending name calling and bashing, I may as well reap some benefits by actually becoming the elitist snob these posters have decided to name us.

Have your damn Galaxy X. Seriously.

But get your hands out of my pockets.

Exclusive reward for rare effort and dedication. Period.

give them the X, give me something equally cool the 5 people who wont stop posting continuously about how its the achiever's fault they cant achieve can have the thing that will silence them once and for all.

The reward itself is the trouble. Give me something else, something they cant have, and something they don't want, but we do. Figure it out, I'm tired of this tantrum protest.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I think they should just put it on the cryptic Store and make it expensive. Then there is an alternative to refer a friend. Even if it is expensive to do everyone has the ability to purchase it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-18-2010, 02:48 PM
LOL my friends that are interested in Star Trek Online have played it and moved on for the time being. I've been here since CB, OB, Head Start, and have up to 6 months paid subscription. The Galaxy refit shouldn't be kept just for the RAF.

What Cryptic can do is give the Galaxy refit free to people that get 5 people to sub to the game and also offer it in the C-Store for the rest of us that have ALREADY got our friends and family to play way before cryptic started the referral program.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
how many will be willing to pay $225 for it thats the equivalant of 5 accounts