Lt. Commander
# 1 pvp team balance
05-16-2010, 10:39 PM
can we please do something about the pvp maps spawning 8 v 4 or 10 v 3 on capture and hold maps, 3/4 of the time i get into any pvp game its always outnumbered. the game shouldnt even launch if teams are uneven.

ships are pretty balanced now so even being outnumbered by 1 spells doom for the short handed team 9 times out of 10.

so last night out of 15 pvp matches only 3 times the teams were even, and those matches were won by no more than 3 kills. but the other 12 matches were wins by 12 or more.

so far tonight 4 matches and outmumbered all 4 times by double on capture and hold maps.

pls fix team balance. not a hard thing to do. good matches make pvp really good. bad matches make people want to not pvp. A good even pvp match is alot of fun.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I do most of my pvp as klingon (what else is there to do? thanks cryptic knuckleheads.) and there's rarely any close games for the teams are never evenly matched. Worse than uneven squads is the fact that hardly anyone employs anything remotely resembling a coherent squadron- based tactical thought. No matter which faction I play, buffoons still abound, in many cases the buffoons I extricated myself from are the same buffoons defeated the new buffoons I am forced to watch stumble around. PVP is already painful enough as the pvp teams are unbalanced due to the method in which Cryptic has gone about their queue system. Federation players flying about everywhere at full impulse and Klingons uncloaking one at a time to fire blindly at random targets in a group is something we dont need to compound the dreadful pvp queue woes. Though if you do happen to be opposing me, please feel free to bumble around as inefficiently and ineffectively as your little heart desires.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-17-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm moving this thread to the PvP Feedback forums.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-17-2010, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
I'm moving this thread to the PvP Feedback forums.
can you pls also move some of the PvP#er out of the queue.. the annyoing ones, pls
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-17-2010, 01:43 PM
2v10 is a major problem. Picture: http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/...1faaa005_b.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-17-2010, 01:44 PM
If they change the queue page to show player before start. it would help. show name of players on a second page (Names and class). everyone check their name before start to balance than launch. this is a common system. this game needs it. I also would like to see auto teaming more than 5 or chat channel for all of your teams side.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ7442 View Post
show name of players on a second page (Names and class). everyone check their name before start to balance than launch. this is a common system. this game needs it.
This is a common way for people to chicken out of fighting somebody they recognize as better than them on the other team. It also fails miserably when there's somebody afk who's taking up a slot and won't click the start button. There is no "host" to kick problem players. This setup does not work for MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Nevermind...............
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-17-2010, 02:37 PM
well, the system now is not working , what would you do?

they need to at least balance before start. especially ground maps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ7442 View Post
well, the system now is not working , what would you do?
Make the enter PvP dialog box make a noise when it comes up. Many times I miss a match cause I am too busy fighting NPCs when it pops and I just don't notice it.

Other than that, there is not much that Cryptic can do. They could detect that the fight is unbalanced and stop it. Putting the current participants back in the queue, and hopefully the next time the players are called to the game they actually come this time.