Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Leod
Right now, I'd have to say Red Steel 2.
I've been thinking about buying that.

Is it better than the first one?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2010, 09:38 AM
Ravenstein is disappointed in the Persona 3 Portable preorder item. It's Junpei's hat. While awesome, it pales in comparison to what the preorder item for Japan was, Elizabeth's shirt.

Junpei and his hat
Elizabeth
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I've been thinking about buying that.

Is it better than the first one?
To be honest, I never played the first one. I heard a lot of negative things about it, though. Red Steel 2, in my opinion, is an awesome game.

From what I've heard, the only thing that links it to the first Red Steel is that it's a FPS and your character wields both a gun and a sword.

The graphics are nice and crisp...I haven't noticed any slowdown during the action either. (I don't know what the frames per second are, but I remember reading that it's either 30 or 60.) The cell-shading really works, and I like the blend of East and West aesthetics.

The control customization is every bit as detailed as the Conduit, meaning you can adjust everything from your turn rate to the size of the bounding box. You also have pixel-perfect aiming with the cursor. The sword controls aren't true 1:1, but they're very close. Motion+ does a pretty good job reading your motions. The strength of your swings also affects the game. Against some armored foes, you need to put your whole arm into the swing.

The only thing I don't really like is that there's no multiplayer, either online or local. That would add a ton of replay value, but I can't blame Ubi-soft for concentrating on polishing the single player experience.

In conclusion, I'd recommend it, and the game is definitely worth a rental at least.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Ravenstein is disappointed in the Persona 3 Portable preorder item. It's Junpei's hat. While awesome, it pales in comparison to what the preorder item for Japan was, Elizabeth's shirt.

Junpei and his hat
Elizabeth
Neither of those preorder bonuses stimulate me. I suppose I am missing something.

Quote:
A concise and helpful review, removed to avoid taking up all your screen real estate.
Does it require the enhanced motion doohicky for the Wii remote? 'Cause I don't have one of those.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Does it require the enhanced motion doohicky for the Wii remote? 'Cause I don't have one of those.
Yes, it does require Wii Motion Plus. Fortunately, you can get it packaged with the game for $60. I think the motion plus by itself is $25, so that's a $15 value right there. Though, I can see that not having one would make it harder to rent the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Yes, it does require Wii Motion Plus. Fortunately, you can get it packaged with the game for $60. I think the motion plus by itself is $25, so that's a $15 value right there. Though, I can see that not having one would make it harder to rent the game.
Right, that's what I was thinking too. I don't mind buying one if I know I like at least one game that requires it, but if I want to rent a game that needs it that I may or may not like, I don't want to buy one just for that.

Though I suppose I could get one used at a GameStop and return it if I don't like the game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I have not played a console game in 3 months because ive been enjoying STO too much

technically it was mass effect 2, great game
I really do need to finish that game. But I'm a bit of a....I guess completionist.....I want all the upgrades, and complete all missions so I've been waiting for all the DLC to come out. And scanning for resources is a pain.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Neither of those preorder bonuses stimulate me. I suppose I am missing something.
If Elizabeth doesn't stimulate you then yeah you are missing something. Elizabeth is the Keeper of the Book, the Attendant of the Velvet Room, The World, the Twenty-Second Arcana, and the Ultimate Opponent.

And she has an awesome hat. I want that hat. The entire outfit would be nice.

Junpei Iori is the Possessor of Hermes, The Magician, the Second Arcana, and the Baseball Bat Warrior.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM
I still play a lot of rock band.