Lt. Commander
# 21
05-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
If Elizabeth doesn't stimulate you then yeah you are missing something. Elizabeth is the Keeper of the Book, the Attendant of the Velvet Room, The World, the Twenty-Second Arcana, and the Ultimate Opponent.

And she has an awesome hat. I want that hat. The entire outfit would be nice.

Junpei Iori is the Possessor of Hermes, The Magician, the Second Arcana, and the Baseball Bat Warrior.
She's stimulating, all right, but the preorder bonus on its own means little to me.

Of course, I lack context. I really do need to play the games.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I picked up Alan Wake on Friday. It's a good game, but I'm not sure if it's a great game. It's got some interesting concepts, to be sure, especially the "light weakens your opponents" aspect to it, and the manuscript pages are fun, if a little spoilery at times, but there's something...lacking about it, I feel.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-17-2010, 12:34 PM
My favorite console game right now is Ghostbusters. OK, I know, it's been out for a while now, but follow me on this. Of all the games that are out right now, this game stands apart from them. First, you have a gameplay that is fluid, with just enough cutscenes to tell the story, but not so heavy that it feels more like you're watching the game rather than playing. The actual gameplay itself is fun and challenging. Easy to learn, very difficult to master, especially with some of the proton pack types (seriously, try trapping a ghost using the Slime Tether... that's a true test of patience).

As to the story itself, for those that are fans of the movies, this game stays true to them. Probably since it comes straight from the minds of the original creators, Dan Akkroid and Harold Raimes. They certainly don't disappoint. Add to it that you have the voice talents of the original cast, plus a couple other noteables in the mix, in this true-to-franchise story, and gameplay that actually makes you feel like you're a Ghostbuster....

Yeah. It's gonna be a while for me before this one gets topped.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
My favorite console game right now is Ghostbusters. OK, I know, it's been out for a while now, but follow me on this. Of all the games that are out right now, this game stands apart from them. First, you have a gameplay that is fluid, with just enough cutscenes to tell the story, but not so heavy that it feels more like you're watching the game rather than playing. The actual gameplay itself is fun and challenging. Easy to learn, very difficult to master, especially with some of the proton pack types (seriously, try trapping a ghost using the Slime Tether... that's a true test of patience).

As to the story itself, for those that are fans of the movies, this game stays true to them. Probably since it comes straight from the minds of the original creators, Dan Akkroid and Harold Raimes. They certainly don't disappoint. Add to it that you have the voice talents of the original cast, plus a couple other noteables in the mix, in this true-to-franchise story, and gameplay that actually makes you feel like you're a Ghostbuster....

Yeah. It's gonna be a while for me before this one gets topped.
Aykroyd. Dan Aykroyd. And don't you dare misspell his name again.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Bah, yeah, I fail. Jeez. Well, funky Canadian spellings and all that. >.>
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Bah, yeah, I fail. Jeez. Well, funky Canadian spellings and all that. >.>
We'll forgive you once, but that wonderful man does not deserve your horrible slander. Do it again and I'll have Ravenstein punish you accordingly.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
We'll forgive you once, but that wonderful man does not deserve your horrible slander. Do it again and I'll have Ravenstein punish you accordingly.
As Mitsuru Kirijo says, he shall be 'executed'.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Well, I'm playing Bioshock 2 right now, but Mass Effect 2 was really kickass (I have not played the Kasumi Goto or Firewalker DLC yet, probably will after I finish Bioshock 2).
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Right, that's what I was thinking too. I don't mind buying one if I know I like at least one game that requires it, but if I want to rent a game that needs it that I may or may not like, I don't want to buy one just for that.

Though I suppose I could get one used at a GameStop and return it if I don't like the game.
Well, if you're a Zelda fan, I'd recommend picking up a Motion plus now so you can also play Red Steel 2. Nintendo has said that the new Zelda (possible 2010 holiday release!) will require Motion+.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Pokemon Soul Silver has my heart. <3