Lt. Commander
# 11
05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
Oh I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm just pointing out the gist of his story. He does not want items in the c-store that directly affect gameplay. He says that they had something like that in CO ( but does not say what and I don't know of any ). He then says that currently the s-store says ( this is the hard bit because you have to translate the intent, not the actual words ) that the c-store is fluff, just has things that say "would you like this?" as he says, meaning vanity items, rather than items which you can buy to give you an in-game advantage.

It sounds to me as though he's responding to someone else regarding what's in the c-store, what could be in the c-store and like most people he's saying he definitely does not want to see purchasable items that are advantageous to play.
There is nothing game influencing on the C-Store in either game like he's describing. In that you buy. He could be referring to pre-order bonus items that are claimed via the c-store. But those you don't actually buy.

CO is all vanity items aside from things like the Respec, which is earnable via other methods. Reference.

But we're also missing the context of where it was originally posted and what it was in response to.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
There is nothing game influencing on the C-Store in either game like he's describing. In that you buy. He could be referring to pre-order bonus items that are claimed via the c-store. But those you don't actually buy.

CO is all vanity items aside from things like the Respec, which is earnable via other methods. Reference.

But we're also missing the context of where it was originally posted and what it was in response to.
yeah it's a hard translation as my German is 20 years rusty and I'm not that well up with inflectional affixes

I'm not sure he's directly saying there is anything like that currently in CO, it just reads like that a little but as you say, without context it's hard to say what he says beyond he's like most people, does not want a game where you can bulk buy an advantage.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with the pre-order items. He does talk of a deflector and a rifle and must mean the promotional items.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Zoot you are just pure amazing!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_86
Zoot you are just pure amazing!
why? Was I close? ( I believe you live in Germany )
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
why? Was I close? ( I believe you live in Germany )
No cigar. Home counties boy me lol
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Well, I do live in Germany, I do speak German, and I have no clue why the OP complains or about what.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Actually, they are quoting something I posted on the German forums - sadly without context.

What is quoted is a reply I gave to a user (quoting THEM), who suggested to put specific new items into the C-Store. I pointed out that some of which they suggested are worth pondering and passing along to the team. But also, that some of the suggestions are directly influencing game blanace and as such are not something we should have in the C-Store.