Lt. Commander
# 1 Stop the Signal (spoilers)
05-18-2010, 06:55 AM
How do you defeat the Undine Dreadnaught?

I fought it twice and both times got my aft handed to me. The first time, I took out all of the fighters, but they miraculously respawned and, witht he aid of the Dreadnaught, beat me down in seconds flat. The second time I focused on the Dreadnaught and the same thing happened. It seems like the Klingons are quickly dispatched or rendered incapacitated.

Any advice?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2010, 07:02 AM
First, the fighters don't "miraculously respawn." The Dreadnought just sends out more based on a cool-down/get ships ready timer much like your BO abilities.

Beyond that I can't really offer any advice. The 7 times I've done the mission all had the Dreadnought defeated primarily by the Klingons. I've always alternated between shooting the Dreadnought and the Fighters depending on what's attacking/killing me at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Not sure I recall exactly how that mission went...but here goes:

1. Sometimes you'll get a yellow-ish cloud of gas around your ship. (I think its supposed to be plasma fire) It slows you down and affects your subsystems. Science team 1 should be able to take care of that.

2. Carry lots of sheild batteries and set your power levels to the "defense" preset. Endurance is the key to this battle.

3. Keep your distance and look for openings in its sheild grid. When you find one, go in and unload a short volley of topedoes.

Hope this helps!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Oh, and in terms of the fighters, you'll have to break off the dreadnought to take care of them. But only when they get too close.

And if you'd like some help, I'll be glad to team up with you.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Are you using any shield or hull repair abilities?
How up to date is your ship and equipment?

Also, don't hesitate to ask in zone chat for assistance with a mission if you get stuck, who knows might even be able get an admiral to lend ya some help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-18-2010, 07:06 AM
You don't really fight it at all - let the Klingons kill it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-18-2010, 07:16 AM
What lvl of difficulty?
What class of ship?
What Mk of weapon load out?

Have you tried adding armor consoles? Even at that lvl a Mk II armor console helps greatly even in the throws of the first 10 lvls. Not so much the phaser/disrupt resist type armor but the kin/energy resist type is best. I only fly my Connie because it has 2 eng slots...thats the only real reason.

Also you will need those ever famous BO powers even at that rank. They come in handy.

You really also have to make sure that you target the dreadnaught....as the frigates are merely secondary distraction. That and the main goal of the mission is to destroy the dread.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-18-2010, 07:21 AM
ignore the fighters and target the dreadnought only, if you have sensor jam use it, same goes for high yield on your torpedoes, make sure you have either science team or engineering team to heal you.

maybe drop out of the 10k target range if your getting hit hard

make sure your difficulty is not set too high

shoot down any plasma torpedoes it shoots, if he shoots any at all (that might be the one before)
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
What lvl of difficulty?
What class of ship?
Stop the Signal is a Lt 5 mission. Everyone would do it in a Light Cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2010, 07:00 AM
Thanks for all of the input, even that which contradicts the other (don't fight the dreadnaught vs. ignore the fighters and fight the dreadnaught).

Actually those are the three things I have - sensor jam, engineer repairs, and the ability to crank up my torpedoes.

I have a Light Cruiser with MK II all around. I recently upgraded to a MK II Armor plating so that might help. Plus, going from Balanced to Defensive and maintaining range sounds like a good idea. I was getting too close, especially after the first time and defeating all of the fighters. I wasn't aware that the dreadnaught produces the fighters (still a noob enjoying the freshness of discovery). Maybe I need to leave one or two fighters and just concentrate on hitting the thing from max range so that the Klingons take the brunt of the attack.

I'll try some of these things tonight when I go back in after it.

Thanks again!