Lt. Commander
# 11
05-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemikemack View Post
I'm not a big fan of the c store in all honesty, for I feel that this content
should be offered in game with the cost of subscription, however, if we are to have
the c store, here are some items I hope you might consider for future purchase.

1. Exchangeable ship parts: EX. Nacelles, pylons saucers hulls, ect. They could be nothing more
than slight variations on parts already available. Like straight pylons instead of curved ones.
Or different shaped nacelles or saucers that fit certain ship classes.
Maybe even a third nacelle option hull ect.

2. More costume pieces. Bathing suits, fleet insignias, more hairstyle options, more uniform
options. Perhaps like the next gen/voyager series uniforms.
Maybe Borg like implant options. It would make some sense that Starfleet, after studying Borg
implants, might have developed some of their own to enhance some abilities, (but again, would
be for vanity, and not have a combat edge.)

3. Non combat abilities. Say transwarp to a friend or a limited number transwarps to a destination
of your choice.
Maybe your choice of transporter effects, have say an original series transporter effect, then
maybe a futuristic neat looking one for others, then a special one for Klingons.
New effects on warp outs, to reflect perhaps new or experimental propulsion.

4. New ship classes. Like an experimental class that introduces some of these new effects, but
really doesn't introduce a clear advantage in combat. Perhaps it would utilize a completely new
starship design we haven't seen, or maybe one that we have already,
like the Enterprise J, (monarch class I believe)
It might have a transwarp drive or experimental weapons that have a high recharge rate, or cool
down cycle, or not be any stronger than current weapons, just different effects.
It might have the federation's version of a cloaking devise,
(perhaps even one like the Pegasus had allowing it to phase through matter.)

5. Perhaps decorations or personal effects for our soon to be available quarters (fingers crossed) on board our ships, or ready rooms. Maybe some that can be given as gifts or bought at various planets or obtained
through various missions as a memento or representation of achievement, friendship or gratitude.
Maybe even certain ready room or personal quarter types or layouts.

6. New federation playable characters, like Holo officers with mobile emitters.

7. Personal residences, on Earth, Risa, Vulcan or some other planet, with a choice of set-ups and layouts.
Maybe some with a holo maid.

Just some suggestions. Again, I'm thinking that if we had some of these "distractions" to keep us busy,
we might have something to do while waiting for new missions ect.

Folks What do you think?
I agree as much the game needs this content. However we should not have to pay for 1/4 of the customization options that we were not only promissed but other cryptic games get for free. The danger being cryptic will start pushing all content additions as c store products simple to fleece us more.

Also this is a P2P not a F2P. If they want to go down this route refund everyone there lifes and continuing subs and stop charging. Then the can have the cash shop model they want.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Myeah agree that C-Store stuff should get a backseat and the live content priority. One would start to think it's the other way around over at Cryptic HQ judging by all the "C-Store updates" isn't it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
QUOTE= However we should not have to pay for 1/4 of the customization options that we were not only promissed but other cryptic games get for free. The danger being cryptic will start pushing all content additions as c store products simple to fleece us more."

I agree, I don't care much for the premise of the c store myself. I do feel fleeced, but until Cryptic takes a poll, starts a debate, ad nauseam, has a few meetings. takes however long to realize we aren't kidding, THEN actually gets around to implement them.... In the meantime I want to see something in the c store that I actually might like.
I don't want to say if I can't get it free, then forget it, end of conversation. Because then I don't get what I want, and nothing gets done either.

In regards to ship "customization". I want more choices. MORE than the choices the c store currently offers.
I don't like to be limited by cryptic's idea of starfleet ship design. If I had more "parts" to choose from, perhaps I could take an existing tier 5 ship and "customize it' into something more aesthetically pleasing to me. EX. a straighter set of pylons for my sovereign. Maybe "craft' my ships into something better than Cryptic's vision of a starship, maybe even something that reasonably approaches a classic design from the franchise.
For someone to say: "They already offer this in the c store already", meaning that you can swap "Imperial"
parts for my sovereign, or maybe some of the other assault class, just isn't doin it for me. The parts either look ridiculous, simply don't fit well, or just don't look like anything STAR TREK.
They should leave starship design to the players, by giving us the basic tools.

I want more options and I'd rather buy them at the c store than a new set of e notes. Now someone might like e notes, but for me, if you must sell me somethin, sell me what I really want.......

I also feel that players are VERY creative. Half the fun of this game, for me anyway, has been to see someone's unique looking character at space dock, some of them are VERY GOOD! I love seeing what other's have done with their character's and ships. I compliment someone nearly everyday on their creativeness. I want to see MORE.
"Infinite diversity in infinite combinations" Isn't that what Star Trek is all about too? Not just battles and wars.

Just trying to start the conversation of what people might like to see In C store, maybe then, we could get better stuff there.

If you want this stuff to be offered for free - then I agree whole heartedly myself, BUT tell cryptic this in response to my post. From what I've gathered, debates on the forums have influenced some of the directions cryptic has taken in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-19-2010, 07:37 AM
We dont need more C Store. Quite the oposite. make a suggestion and just let them add it to the game. Its not like there is not enough space for it...