Lt. Commander
# 11
05-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Douche-bag customers. A long time ago I worked retail, like a lot of people have (now I work in a lab), and the second your ass hits the seat cushion you are not released from societal norms of behavior. Rudeness is still rudeness. You did not buy my self-respect with your price of admission. I am nice/civil to you, you be nice/civil to me. If not, @#$% off to whatever personal hell you were in before you darkened my day.

Note: I am not defending rude or poor service. You get crap service, vote with your feet and leave or reflect that in your tip (or lack thereof).
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-18-2010, 09:13 AM
You know what really grinds my gears? Mashiro Windblooom. It is a character that goes beyond all levels of annoying. She is bratty, shallow, and unsympathetic. She seems to intentionally go out of her way to cause trouble for herself just so the heroes have to go save her.

And this isn't even her original personality! She was ported over from the series My-Hime where she was a mysterious benefactor and unknown force for the heroes of that series with centuries of wisdom and a secret plan to save the world. However apparently they decided that being an interesting character was a bad thing and made her THE MOST ANNOYING ABOMINATION you can imagine.

Even her revelation and character development isn't an enjoyable experience. In like episode of 22 of 26 she realizes she has been a bratty loadstone that follows the heroes into a fight and then WAITS to be rescued and instead morphs into a not quite so bratty loadstone who will at least realize that she doesn't have superpowers and will graciously be able to find a hiding spot when she follows the heroes into a fight. In both instances all the while yelling about how nobody likes her and how powerful she is because she is a Queen. I would so do the Marie Antoinette on her...
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-18-2010, 09:19 AM
You know what really grinds my gears. Lazy students. I mean, here we are during exam week. I give them time to study and what do they do? Sleep. Look at their yearbooks. Anything other than study. And their parents are worse. You try to tell them that their child is a lazy oaf (politley) and they deny it up one side and down the other. These kids are going to fail in life becaus ethey have no ambition to succeed. They are about to get a rude awakening when they go out into the real world and get hit by the wall that is real life. "Can we use a cheat sheet?" this kid says to me. NO. Why the heck would I allow you to do that? Life does not give cheat sheets. I let you do that and what have I taught you? How to use a cheat sheet, that's what. No thank you. Politicians rail about the sorry state of education and want to change it, but weren't they educated in that system? Doesn't that make their judgement suspect? So they went to school once. That doesn't make them any more qualified to tell me how to run my classroom than I am to tell a linebacker how to play football just because I watched pee wee league once.
Oh and don't get me started on allowing a student to have a cell phone. If you need that badly to talk to your child that much al day...homeschool them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-18-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't really like people a whole lot.

Dogs are much nicer.

People, with a few notable exceptions, kind of suck.

And if I have to deal with another angry woman with an overblown sense of entitlement who's demanding to speak to my father (the business owner) because the people in payroll won't automatically cut her a paycheck even though she's had two weeks to turn in a W-4 and hasn't because she's a lazy c*nt I'm going to kill someone.

Kill someone.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I don't really like people a whole lot.

Dogs are much nicer.

People, with a few notable exceptions, kind of suck.

And if I have to deal with another angry woman with an overblown sense of entitlement who's demanding to speak to my father (the business owner) because the people in payroll won't automatically cut her a paycheck even though she's had two weeks to turn in a W-4 and hasn't because she's a lazy c*nt I'm going to kill someone.

Kill someone.
Security to Hazard's place...this is the Vice Admiral..Security to Hazards place

Actually, I amstill ranting. I just stopped typing to wipe off the froth.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-18-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MycroftHolmes View Post
Security to Hazard's place...this is the Vice Admiral..Security to Hazards place

Actually, I amstill ranting. I just stopped typing to wipe off the froth.
They'll never catch me!

And I don't froth, myself. I do it the stew -> stew -> stew -> snap way.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-18-2010, 09:42 AM
What annoys me is the content in this game. Yes, I blew through Lt to Captain and maybe I missed-out on some of the depth because of it, but I kind-of expected more.....stuff. There are a fair amount of missions and whatnot, but most of the missions are basically redresses of each other. Its like the devs are spending time to make more races and getting uniforms JUST right... but is that where they should be allocating available resources? For someone to wait for the new race to be released so they can create a character, then they have to pretty much play the game all over again...with nothing new to do. Maybe I'm wrong and I missed something and there were a bunch of new missions and episodes added for players between Lt and RA5.... but I don't think that I am. They're also spending time tweaking and updating little aesthetic UI things. I understand the need to make the game functional but I think there could be a little more effort put into expanding the episodes/missions rather than making sure the Trill's spots look perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2010, 09:48 AM
Stupid people.

I mean, I know all of us have our collective "D'oh!" moments, but for some, it's a way of life. Makes you want to shake them, and scream "WAKE UP!"

Lt. Commander
# 19
05-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.wilson View Post
What annoys me is the content in this game. Yes, I blew through Lt to Captain and maybe I missed-out on some of the depth because of it, but I kind-of expected more.....stuff. There are a fair amount of missions and whatnot, but most of the missions are basically redresses of each other. Its like the devs are spending time to make more races and getting uniforms JUST right... but is that where they should be allocating available resources? For someone to wait for the new race to be released so they can create a character, then they have to pretty much play the game all over again...with nothing new to do. Maybe I'm wrong and I missed something and there were a bunch of new missions and episodes added for players between Lt and RA5.... but I don't think that I am. They're also spending time tweaking and updating little aesthetic UI things. I understand the need to make the game functional but I think there could be a little more effort put into expanding the episodes/missions rather than making sure the Trill's spots look perfect.
Then again, if they had more missions per level or what have you, they'd have a nice big ol' portion of the playerbase complaining that the Trill's spots don't look perfect. :p

Pick your poison, Newbie.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
lol. Oh, trust me. There are plenty of people who are REALLY upset that a particular race may be delayed by a week or two... to the point of posting walls of text about how it has upset them so that they are going to quit the game.

QQ