Lt. Commander
# 31
05-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Zero
Does my history teacher count? He used ti be in the Navy, I think.
Ask him about it sometime. See if he thinks his students are as bad as his Navy buddies.

I guarantee you, they're not.

The best part is, about 75% of the conversation would go right over your head. :p
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
I can porobably agree to that. It's really just how we've come to describe their kanguage over the years. We hear anything and everything in thr book at school. And I'd rather not describe the content at all, it's that bad...
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Sailors are the MASTERS of foul language. Theirs is a long and storied tradition of foul language, cussing, and dirty jokes dating back to the days of yore. Every else struggles to catch up.

Even the most foul mouthed of your fellow students would be sent into catatonic shock at the kind of stuff a Petty Officer would be able to spew.
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I hope they would. But they'd bring it back with them, I bet.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Does my history teacher count? He used ti be in the Navy, I think.
No group of people are worse than a bunch of sailors. There is not enough soap in the world to wash our mouths out with. There is not a rowdier crowd in a bar than a crew that just pulled in from a cruise. There was a common belief (back in the day) that if you were not in medical within a week of pulling out of port to get treated for an STD, you just weren't man enough.

The only group of people that may out-do sailors are the Marines, and we corrupt the hell out of the ones that are onboard for guard duty.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Sailors are the MASTERS of foul language. Theirs is a long and storied tradition of foul language, cussing, and dirty jokes dating back to the days of yore. Every else struggles to catch up.

Even the most foul mouthed of your fellow students would be sent into catatonic shock at the kind of stuff a Petty Officer would be able to spew.
Get a Chief Petty Officer on you sometime :p
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Quote:
I hope they would. But they'd bring it back with them, I bet.
You don't want anything a sailor 'brings back with them'.

That being said I did kinda want to join the navy...
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
You don't want anything a sailor 'brings back with them'.

That being said I did kinda want to join the navy...
You should still join the Navy, Raven. I'd cheer for you, cause I know you could handle it.
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
You should still join the Navy, Raven. I'd cheer for you, cause I know you could handle it.
Except for the sun allergy thing.

Which is an enormous bummer.

While we're on the subject, my preliminary application to the Naval Academy was accepted. :p

Workin' on getting my nominations now.

Edit: In hindsight, that might seem like rubbing Ravenstein's face in it, which was not my intention, I promise.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Except for the sun allergy thing.

Which is an enormous bummer.

While we're on the subject, my preliminary application to the Naval Academy was accepted. :p

Workin' on getting my nominations now.

Edit: In hindsight, that might seem like rubbing Ravenstein's face in it, which was not my intention, I promise.
Congratulations, sir. The Naval Academy is a fine, fine school, regardless of if you stay in or not afterwards. Make sure that if you do go, pay your respects to John Paul Jones there, the Father of the US Navy. I have my fingers crossed for you