Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
You guys should write a formal letter:

Dear Cryptic,

It has come to our attention that people had paid for something we don't have but really want. We would like to have this item now please. We find it offensive that these people think they are so special, just because they forked out $200 for another game that had a bonus tied to this game. Sure, this has been done in the game industry before and is a common promotional gimmick, but we feel that this is actually unfair that these people (and my neighbor for that matter) have things I don't have. Turn back from your evil ways and put all the things people paid for out for free after 500 days.. or even better just drop them on the C-store.

We could just ask for similar if not slightly different versions of the same uniforms the other players have, but that would not satisfy our OCD needs. Instead, please remove the unique/exclusive items from the game and make everybody the same.... just like Soviet Russia. They had it right all along.

Respectfully yours,

Comrade ________________


There ya go.

Just start asking for similar items. Bring some variety into the game. Stop trying to make everybody have all the same junk. The whole darn game will go Vanilla.... aka BLAND this way.

I can see it now.... 100,000 players all running around in free MU uniforms that the 1000 of us who had it from launch actually paid for.

Good times.
graet post i love it and agree completely all these people needing evrything in a game is absurd i don't have the mu i accept i can't get htem instead of whining about it
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
05-21-2010, 11:08 AM
find the steam one :O

says exclusive .. said exclusive tos uniforms.. now it just says sto = lol fail
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Well, if they haven't figured out that my posts are a /nothankyou then there is nothing I can say.

But I will post my full thoughts at any time I wish.
Everyone in this subforum knows where you stand, Mr. Troll. The OP asked that people try to keep things civil and keep the discussion to a minimum. Your "letter" shows a complete disregard to what other people think and you will shoot down any attempt to give a counterpoint to your argument. How long before the mods ban your sorry ass again, I wonder?

Oh, one more thing. Nobody gets Vet rewards for free. People need to PAY for either sub fees or an LTS to get to the required milestone. So, please go back into the cave whence you crawled out of and leave the rest of us at peace.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
05-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Everyone in this subforum knows where you stand, Mr. Troll. The OP asked that people try to keep things civil and keep the discussion to a minimum. Your "letter" shows a complete disregard to what other people think and you will shoot down any attempt to give a counterpoint to your argument. How long before the mods ban your sorry ass again, I wonder?

Oh, one more thing. Nobody gets Vet rewards for free. People need to PAY for either sub fees or an LTS to get to the required milestone. So, please go back into the cave whence you crawled out of and leave the rest of us at peace.
well said
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
05-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Oh, one more thing. Nobody gets Vet rewards for free. People need to PAY for either sub fees or an LTS to get to the required milestone. So, please go back into the cave whence you crawled out of and leave the rest of us at peace.
It appears that many people agree with my point of view as well. It is the inability of people to accept that others may have something that they do not that is fueling the whole debate. The items here were a bonus reward for taking a calculated risk in the purchase of a lifetime subscription. A reward for good faith.

If the game fails, we have still shelled out the money. If it succeeds then we have shelled out the money.

It is common in life and games for acts of faith like this to have unique rewards associated with it.

Call it trolling if you wish. This is established practice in the gaming industry.

In the end, it is Cryptic's decision.... not yours.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
05-21-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
It appears that many people agree with my point of view as well. It is the inability of people to accept that others may have something that they do not that is fueling the whole debate. The items here were a bonus reward for taking a calculated risk in the purchase of a lifetime subscription. A reward for good faith.

If the game fails, we have still shelled out the money. If it succeeds then we have shelled out the money.

It is common in life and games for acts of faith like this to have unique rewards associated with it.

Call it trolling if you wish. This is established practice in the gaming industry.

In the end, it is Cryptic's decision.... not yours.
unfortunately there are so many whiners out there they out number those of us who accept that we can't have everything
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
05-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Only if the price in the C-Store is above 4000 Cryptic points. Only that can justifying taking away this unique item from those of us that are Champions Online Lifetime subscribers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
05-22-2010, 04:52 AM
To be honest, have you thought that a lot of the people who want these items could not pay for lifetime, such as myself? I would gladly have got lifetime and bought CO if I had the money. By your logic the poor are to suffer because they are unfortunate which is wrong. And we aren't asking for a "RIGHT NOW DAMNIT", we are only asking for the opportunity to gain them in the distant future, is it only fair we be given that chance?

However on a side note before you all yell at me, I wholeheartedly understand where lifetimers are coming from but there is two sides here and argueing about it only causes unneeded fighting. Why not try to come up with a way to keep everyone happy? A compromise?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
05-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
To be honest, have you thought that a lot of the people who want these items could not pay for lifetime, such as myself? I would gladly have got lifetime and bought CO if I had the money. By your logic the poor are to suffer because they are unfortunate which is wrong. And we aren't asking for a "RIGHT NOW DAMNIT", we are only asking for the opportunity to gain them in the distant future, is it only fair we be given that chance?

However on a side note before you all yell at me, I wholeheartedly understand where lifetimers are coming from but there is two sides here and argueing about it only causes unneeded fighting. Why not try to come up with a way to keep everyone happy? A compromise?
By your logic the guy who has the mona lisa that is no longer obtainable should agree that they should give it to you at some point because you can't afford it. Why should people that can afford things suffer just because you can't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
05-22-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan-Jenkins
To be honest, have you thought that a lot of the people who want these items could not pay for lifetime, such as myself? I would gladly have got lifetime and bought CO if I had the money. By your logic the poor are to suffer because they are unfortunate which is wrong. And we aren't asking for a "RIGHT NOW DAMNIT", we are only asking for the opportunity to gain them in the distant future, is it only fair we be given that chance?

However on a side note before you all yell at me, I wholeheartedly understand where lifetimers are coming from but there is two sides here and argueing about it only causes unneeded fighting. Why not try to come up with a way to keep everyone happy? A compromise?
By your logic, you should be able to walk into a Ferrari store and just drive out with one for $5 because that is all you have in your pocket.. and that makes it fair.

If you want it, then ask Cryptic for the lifetime offer for CO to become available again,.. plunk down your $200, after saving up for it and enjoy.

There are too many people who feel that they are entitled to what others have, because they don't have something. It is a sad state of affairs. I will NEVER ask for something I am not entitled to. I won't lawyer up wording to try to do this either. I won't cry, moan, complain, protest, whine or anything else to get what is not mine.

But I guess that makes me a bad guy for paying for what have.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:34 PM.