Lt. Commander
Congratulations to Thehybrid who won the Alien Identification contest. You can find his entry on the Contest Winners page. Also, honorable mention goes out to our runner up Coldsteel6d for his entry. Both will get special forum titles and Thehybrid will get a slot in Star Trek Online's closed beta.

Look for our upcoming contest within the next few weeks!

Talk about it!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Congratulations to the winner here. Fairly interesting story at times. One criticism of mines is focused around the apparently poor spelling and grammar, which is of utmost importance when writing :-)

Grats though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Good story, bad grammar.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Entry length?
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Just a quick question - I was under the impression that contest entries were to be limited to 300 words maximum? The winning entry clocks in at over twice that. Just wondering why the limit was listed on the contest rules if that was not going to be part of the judging process? I have to say I'm a little disappointed, as I found myself struggling to submit an entry that I was happy with given the very limited size that was mandated... Only to find out that apparently I needn't have cut so much out of my submission.

If you're going to have rules for contest submissions, you should adhere to them. I have to say this really leaves a bad taste in my mouth about these contests and the validity of the judging process.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2009, 06:31 PM
congratulations. Reads well. Now it also is clear what Awen was waiting for, Alivet seems to have streched the entry a bit in order to make it readable. (i base this assumption on the fact that we were limited to 300 words and the entry obviously exceeds that limitation...)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2009, 06:44 PM
His entry is 609 words (copied and pasted it into Word and did a word count).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch_Lion View Post
...Just wondering why the limit was listed on the contest rules if that was not going to be part of the judging process? I have to say I'm a little disappointed, as I found myself struggling to submit an entry that I was happy with given the very limited size that was mandated....
I agree. I had to cut mine down a lot to get want I wanted to say in, while at the same time maintaining coherent sentences. Granted, I would have been disqualified anyway given that I didn't realize that the story needed to take place in a bar setting until after the fact. But it's got to suck for those that did everything right.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Either way congrats to the winner of this contest!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Congratulations. Real good story.

But, is anyone else abit niffed that they wrote a story under 300 words and this one is twice the size?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
That was amazing, very well thought out. Awen I don't suppose you'll tell us when beta starts LOL! *Sighs*.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2009, 06:49 PM
Congrats amazing entry!
Closed Thread