Lt. Commander
# 91
03-12-2009, 02:17 AM
I sent mine on the 5th as well and got no auto conformation. That sucks, to put work into something for nothing
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-12-2009, 06:10 AM
I didnt get a auto confirmation either, sent mine on the fifth, so maybe they didnt have that system in place yet. Still here is hoping that it made it
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
oh my god i cant believe i didnt see this till today.

I study creative writing at university and am in my examination period, so i havent had time to check the site in ages....i check it today and i cant belive i missed it...

Ah well, to dream, perchance, another time.
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Guys, if you didn't get an auto confirmation for the contest don't worry. I realized after the first day or so that our system wasn't sending out emails so I asked for it to be corrected. From here on out, if you submit something to that address, you'll get a confirmation.

I'm reading through them this week and then the finalists will go forward to our team and the winner will be chosen by next week.

I can guarantee that it's much more organized this time. We're in a bit of a growing pains stage with our web tech so sometimes it gets all randy and doesn't want to work the way I want it to. So I take a big fat wrench and I knock it around a little and we move forward.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
So I take a big fat wrench and I knock it around a little and we move forward.
Nice, sounds like your working with G4's, hahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Quote:
I can guarantee that it's much more organized this time. We're in a bit of a growing pains stage with our web tech so sometimes it gets all randy and doesn't want to work the way I want it to. So I take a big fat wrench and I knock it around a little and we move forward.
My job's in web design, so I tooootally know how all that is. Urk. Speaking of...
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
Alas, mistakes happen, but branding our serious criticism and discouragement as "ruining the spirit of the new contest" is silly.
Perhaps organizing a new contest without resolving the problematic issues of the previous one was another mistake?
Just a thought.
Quote:
Guys, if you didn't get an auto confirmation for the contest don't worry. I realized after the first day or so that our system wasn't sending out emails so I asked for it to be corrected. From here on out, if you submit something to that address, you'll get a confirmation.

I'm reading through them this week and then the finalists will go forward to our team and the winner will be chosen by next week.

Oh the web wrench... I to know its wrath!
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-12-2009, 04:11 PM
I had 4000 monkeys on typewriters send out 4000 submissions, so my monkeys got 1-4000. Primates are allowed to enter right?
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes but we are removing all words, Monkey EEE, and banana, which disqualifies 3 998 of yur submissions, and 2 of them never arrived.

Lt. Commander
# 100
03-12-2009, 04:18 PM
So... now judging... so good luck to all contestants!
Closed Thread