Lt. Commander
# 61
03-07-2009, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
Lets just ignore this one, shall we?

The previous contest has not been brought to a conclusion.

Pathetic.
the planet contest winner was announced http://www.startrekonline.com/contest_winners
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Wynn

I repeat, what good are these contests if you don't award all the prizes you announce. Once burned-twice shy, and as my posts in the 2 planet contest threads have gone unanswered (I'm currently the last post in both threads) I refuse to further waste my time.
Hear hear.

Unprofessional and disrespectful conduct.
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTheMeek View Post
Lets just ignore this one, shall we?

The previous contest has not been brought to a conclusion.

Pathetic.
Use your eyes. You lack the skills to be observant otherwise. The other one was finished, and the winner announced and his prize receieved in January...
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-07-2009, 05:47 PM
I would hope that my entry will be of interest. It contains quite a "twist" that I was even surprised that I was able to come up with
Lt. Commander
# 65 Wrong wrong wrong
03-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReginaldo View Post
Use your eyes. You lack the skills to be observant otherwise. The other one was finished, and the winner announced and his prize receieved in January...
Errr.... January? No, that's when the contest started. It was originally supposed to be concluded, with a winner and two runners-up, Feb. 4- well over a month ago. Then that date got pushed back due to the New York Comic Con meet and greet, then the winner was announced but no runners up, then there were allegedly tech problems, last post on this being Feb. 20th.

Before you take a swing at someone for being unobservant, YOU use your eyes. Even cursory inspection of the planet contest entry threads, or this one, clearly show we are talking about the never-yet-announced runners-up awards.

Again: Awen awarded the top prize, said two runners-up would be announced, then dropped the ball. The whole planet contest, as clearly shown in the history of the threads to have numerous issues, was nothing short of a fiasco that leaves me wanting nothing to do with further "fun" Cryptic contests.
Lt. Commander
# 66
03-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Thanks for sticking up for me there, Admiral Wynn.

Can't believe the guys who actually cared to point out to me that the winner of the contest had been announced... Dear oh dear.

You are absolutely right in your criticism of the whole thing. What a shambles.

Very, very discouraging.
Lt. Commander
# 67
03-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Maybe the aliens are refuges of the Planet [ Thalasi] found abandon?

Are These the extinct planet of Venthrak IX 's last survivors?

This thread is for the alien contest.
so i wonder where they came from.. A Curious look do they shoot the spikes out like a terrian porcupine?
Lt. Commander
# 68
03-09-2009, 04:03 PM
AS I stated previously, this contest is open to everyone. There are not geographical restrictions.

Also, the planet contest winners will be contacted privately since we're in a new contest. Like I said before, we had technical issues and I'd rather not clutter up this contest with the previous ones.
Lt. Commander
# 69 Oh Kay...
03-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
AS I stated previously, this contest is open to everyone. There are not geographical restrictions.

Also, the planet contest winners will be contacted privately since we're in a new contest. Like I said before, we had technical issues and I'd rather not clutter up this contest with the previous ones.
Ok, but since you responded here I have one final question... So, will there be an announcement when the runners-up have been contacted, that they have indeed been notified, and the contest is now officially over? This, of course, would enable those with active entries to get closure, since if they didn't get contacted, ergo they didn't win. Thanks in advance for your answer.

By the way, I may seem hard on you. But it is in hopes of a brighter tomorrow for us all, and I trust you will take my criticisms in that spirit. Thanks again, Awen.
Lt. Commander
# 70
03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
poor me, cutting it fine. i saw the contest the day it came out and only just did my piece and as someone stated in a previous post about being close to the mark on the word count... 299 words too.
Give me a screenshot and i can write a short story, 300 words isn't enough! lol.
EDIT: And this was my first forum post, woohoo. I'm always reading the forums but never actually posted anything till now
Closed Thread