Lt. Commander
# 11
05-18-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Sorry. I just don't find the "they don't listen anyway" opinion to be a viable one; especially considering how much the game has changed in the last 3 months based on forum feedback.
I agree with you; almost every change post launch has been a direct result of player feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Ah. So you're really just someone who likes to complain after-the-fact rather then help to make meaningful changes before. I get it now. Thanks.
blah blah blah....alot of us tested in CB an OB and still do bug reports...why should i go to trible and do there work for them...here is another fan boy now saying if you dont go to trible you have no right to *****...

ahhh another on the ignore list!
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-18-2010, 10:37 AM
you are correct. The undine are not special or frightening.,. They are just annoying because they are as common as tribbles.
having them zerg you in a mission is not fun, interesting or replayable.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac
you are correct. The undine are not special or frightening.,. They are just annoying because they are as common as tribbles.
having them zerg you in a mission is not fun, interesting or replayable.
Thanks. I'm glad good, common sense prevails.

I'm trying to offer constructive feedback to Cryptic with this thread as opposed to just opening rant threads. Even with constructive feedback, we still get fanboy trolling. In light of that, this is why I almost always appreciate your honest posts, Zoot.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Thanks. I'm glad good, common sense prevails.

I'm trying to offer constructive feedback to Cryptic with this thread as opposed to just opening rant threads. Even with constructive feedback, we still get fanboy trolling. In light of that, this is why I almost always appreciate your honest posts, Zoot.
I don't know how to do it otherwise ( than honest ). I'm not always right, but I'm always sincere. It has however got me as close as I can be to a permanent ban so I am more choosy with my words now. My attitude won't change though. Be honest about what you feel or don't post. Just arguing with people for the sake of it is counter-productive.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Did you get a chance to check out the Undine Terrordome yet? If not, go check it out (at least get into the "sewers" behind Quark's Bar before reading this). So what could Cryptic have done to make the Undine viable in STO? Here's my ideas. Cryptic, are you "listening"?
  • Greatly reduce the numbers. Make the Undine much more unique. Don't throw hundreds of them at a 5-man group of Federation Rear Admirals. That cheapens the experience. We're supposed to be startled by meeting one. Currently the Undine added to Terrordome make STO feel more like Starship Troopers and less like Trek.
  • Make the Undine more powerful (provided their numbers are cut back by powers of 10). They're supposed to be an extremely dangerous species. Give them melee attacks that are even more deadly to keep us on our toes so that we never want to see them up-close. With the current zerg-fest of Undine, this isn't reasonable. But with MUCH fewer numbers, this would make things much more interesting.
  • Let the Undine hide. Make them more difficult to spot. Initially, Voyager's crew had a difficult time finding them. Make them hide in the shadows and pop out at us when least expected. Make them into the xenophobic species they're supposed to be in Trek canon.
  • Give the Undine better AI. Have them hide and protect themselves at range, then run it to try to do deadly melee damage to players. Right now they just run around and attack like mindless zombies on speed.
  • Drop the whole insect feeling. Why do Undine have to reproduce with pods or have tons of alien-like, goo-ridden power nodes around? Is this Trek or is this just another B-rated Sci-Fi flick?.

The only good thing I have to say about the Undine is that the art team did a great job on designing them. Other than that, the Terrordome experience is horrid.

So what are you ideas to make the Undine a more Trek-like experience that's actually interesting?
agree completely and I doubt i'll be playing terradome until changes like this are made.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
The OPs changes would be a good start...

The couple things I actually LIKED about it was the whole play on "Where's Sulu". That's clever. Looking for the humans to do the coin flip thing was pretty clever too, although after about 10 minutes standing there staring at NPCs waiting for them maybe do a specific animation got boring, but at least it was not grinding through endless waves of enemies.

The last room... is just plain silly. It doesn't make sense and Undine falling from the ceiling? Really guys? Each STF just oozes with a "let's through ridiculous amounts of enemies out there to try and make it really tough" and this one is the worst one of all. More enemies does not make a more interesting and challenging game.

PLEASE... look at the completion numbers for Terradome and sit down and think about how you can improve the experience. In fact, just about every one of the STFs could use an "Extreme Makeover". Make them hard, challenging whatever but most of all make them FUN!
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-18-2010, 01:21 PM
endless waves of enemies = content? Ive pretty much given up on STFs, cant really say they're enjoyable and the loot dropped compared to time investment is laughable
Lt. Commander
# 19 Tweaks
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
-Spoilers-

Here are some ideas to tweak it without a complete redesign.

Spawn/Respawn points should never be in a place that's under fire. I know this is a problem with small spaces like Ds9's command deck but it should be avoided wherever possible.

Fix the spawn points to be in line with the proper section of the mission. There's no point in breaking missions into shorter play blocks if players have to redo so much of the mission to get to the section they are on.

Tone down the Zerg. You want players to feel overwhelmed, not be slaughtered over and over. One is fun the other is frustrating. Space them out or respawn them slowly. Consider more incubators and less pre-spawned.

Where's Sulu -

Fix the failure/respawn bug that breaks the client camera.

Tone down or stagger the Zerg.

Rework the Commander death wave, corner consoles, Sulu's part.

You could do away with the death wave or make him glow or perform a special animation so players have an idea something is going to happen.

Sulu should either be immune to the Commanders death wave or should move into the pit on his own before it goes off.

The consoles should be alive but not functional right from the start so players know they're there but can't be activated until the right time. Or you could make them work right from the start but put the gas on a timer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
The last room... is just plain silly. It doesn't make sense and Undine falling from the ceiling? Really guys? Each STF just oozes with a "let's through ridiculous amounts of enemies out there to try and make it really tough" and this one is the worst one of all. More enemies does not make a more interesting and challenging game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
endless waves of enemies = content? Ive pretty much given up on STFs, cant really say they're enjoyable and the loot dropped compared to time investment is laughable
Both QFT.

If Cryptic spends some TLC on the STFs to rework them (remove fake, frustrating challenge, add real challenge), then my fleet might be running Terrordome. Until then, I doubt any of us who've seen it first hand so far will run it again.