Lt. Commander
# 31
05-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
Everything has been epic.
I'm glad you're happy with STO. Just remember there are hundreds of thousands who are not. You and I are in the minority that's still here. Many are most likely waiting to see if Season 2 and 3 will live up to promises or not.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-24-2010, 10:28 AM
undine ships: vorlons
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepidox View Post
Bad poetry?
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Quote:
I miss Babylon 5. That was a good show. I don't think it got enough props...
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Expired comment
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
Really Cryptic should make the Undine very powerful and make us fight a handful.

But the DS9 part requires a large number of Undine to be present because it's their practice area...... But i suppose they could have a handful of undine and 100 or so (never counted) captured starfleet personnel.

The Undine should be EPIC, and painful to beat. The reward should come from the very act of killing one. It should be that difficult. 1 v 5 kinda deal. i don't know, something akin to the thought of killin Arthas or Illidan in WoW, or Black Bart in PotBS.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-24-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
agree completely and I doubt i'll be playing terradome until changes like this are made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobiusMaximus View Post
endless waves of enemies = content? Ive pretty much given up on STFs, cant really say they're enjoyable and the loot dropped compared to time investment is laughable
*sigh* Indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tendel View Post
I think one thing Cryptic can do to turn down the forum heat level is to provide rationals along with their Dev and Engineering reports in an obvious manner that any subscriber can understand without having to take time away from the game to read through innumerable posts, rants, and cross-threads.
They could have prevented the "forum heat level" had they lived up to promises (things that were stated to be in-game, before you came here in January).

That being said, I have seen a little bit of progress with Cryptic as from the current state of the game announcement that actually shows some thought into thinking-ahead and sharing that with us. Diplomacy and user generated content has the ability to turn STO around, and that's on their long-range scopes. It took a ton of both negative and constructive feedback from the community to get that far. Only time will tell if it's "too little, too late" or not.

For right now, you're in a captain's chair within a ship that shares the sectors of space with thousands of other ships. That number used to be hundreds of thousands regardless of whether you feel STO is doing great or not.