# 682
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer8 View Post
Ummm ..... I never hear of it before.
GASP!

SHOCK!

HORROR!

Persona 4 is a smashing RPG game and social commentary about the prevalence of shallow television in today's society and the need to accept yourself, even your faults and failings, or else an evil version of yourself will hunt you down and take your prisoner in the TV world.

Here is trailer for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 683
05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
GASP!

SHOCK!

HORROR!

Persona 4 is a smashing RPG game and social commentary about the prevalence of shallow television in today's society and the need to accept yourself, even your faults and failings, or else an evil version of yourself will hunt you down and take your prisoner in the TV world.

It's a shame there are so many JRPG haters or Anime haters out there because the game really is awesome.

It's funny, because they like to argue that such naive stories is childish and immature but I argue to them that being emotionally numb and killing your imagination just because you turn 18 while scoffing at any coming of age story with imperfect characters who struggle with who they are and try to be supportive of each other are not only immature but a sad person indeed.

They might not be as pwnsome and brown as Call of Duty or as gritty and allegorical as Mass Effect or as dark and macho as Gears of War but a good JRPG makes you happy with it's bright colors, friendly characters and 7 foot long buster swords.
Lt. Commander
# 684
05-11-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raso
It's a shame there are so many JRPG haters or Anime haters out there because the game really is awesome.

It's funny, because they like to argue that such naive stories is childish and immature but I argue to them that being emotionally numb and killing your imagination just because you turn 18 while scoffing at any coming of age story with imperfect characters who struggle with who they are and try to be supportive of each other are not only immature but a sad person indeed.

They might not be as pwnsome and brown as Call of Duty or as gritty and allegorical as Mass Effect or as dark and macho as Gears of War but a good JRPG makes you happy with it's bright colors, friendly characters and 7 foot long buster swords.
Who needs those when you have machine guns with chainsaws attached to them? But I do like me some Final Fantasy, I just prefer my gore over it any day.
Lt. Commander
# 685
05-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
GASP!

SHOCK!

HORROR!

Well now, there you go. Beyond S.T.O. I do not do other RPG games or other games at this point in time. I just don't have the time. Out door soccer has started. That means standing out in the rain and snow, and yes it did start to snow yesterday at the game. As for watching tv, the weather channel is all that I have time for. Ah, but yes, before kids I do remember having the luxury of that free time to sit in front of the tv, staring at what it had to offer.
Lt. Commander
# 686
05-13-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm re-watching Lucky Star.