Lt. Commander
The borg BO from the 'Assimilated' accolade is ... a borg drone, not a liberated borg.

Can we please get the option to change the costume of this Borg BO so it looks like any other liberated borg instead of an actual borg drone? That way we'd be able to customise its uniform, etc. and make it fit with the rest of the brige crew.

My bridge and away team looks silly with a borg drone trailing around after us, and I'm scared to dismiss it in case I can't get it back.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Not going to happen, the Pre-order folks with the Borg BO will whine Cryptic is taking away their feature.

It was requested consistantly on the test forum and the refused to listen, Cryptic ignoring player feedback... imagine that eh ?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Sheridan, this is a "preorder" item exclusively from buying STO from Amazon. What this means is that you can't get this BO from anywhere else, since it is billed as an exclusive item available from Amazon only, no other vendor could offer this item. I'm sure there are a couple of legal issues, aside from the obvious if you want the Liberated Borg BO go and buy STO from Amazon that increase Cryptic's profits, that are preventing Cryptic from making the item available in game.

And before anyone brings up the whole TOS Uniform debacle let me point out a key difference between the TOS Uniform and the Borg BO. The TOS Uniform was a part of the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is a Collectors edition of the game published by Atari. There was no exclusive deal with any vendors for the exclusive right to sell the TOS Uniform. The DDE could be bought from several places and everyone could get the same DDE benefits. Outside of the DDE there was no exclusivity for the TOS Uniforms, and Atari could, and did, do whatever they wished with the assets from the DDE.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
The Borg BO from Amazon is a FEMALE ENGINEER

The Borg BO from KA is a MALE SCIENCE

Want to tell me how making the KA version customisable somehow manages to negate the exclusive nature of the Amazon version ?

The Amazon version CANNOT be attained via any other means thus it IS exclusive, there is no justification for disallowing the ability to customise the KA version. This is the same with ALL BOs. People like being able to CUSTOMISE their officers and instead Cryptic remove that function for no ******n reason.

There is no precious violation of people's pre-order bonus by making the KA Borg customisation idiot..
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
Sheridan, this is a "preorder" item exclusively from buying STO from Amazon. What this means is that you can't get this BO from anywhere else, since it is billed as an exclusive item available from Amazon only, no other vendor could offer this item. I'm sure there are a couple of legal issues, aside from the obvious if you want the Liberated Borg BO go and buy STO from Amazon that increase Cryptic's profits, that are preventing Cryptic from making the item available in game.

And before anyone brings up the whole TOS Uniform debacle let me point out a key difference between the TOS Uniform and the Borg BO. The TOS Uniform was a part of the Digital Deluxe Edition, which is a Collectors edition of the game published by Atari. There was no exclusive deal with any vendors for the exclusive right to sell the TOS Uniform. The DDE could be bought from several places and everyone could get the same DDE benefits. Outside of the DDE there was no exclusivity for the TOS Uniforms, and Atari could, and did, do whatever they wished with the assets from the DDE.
Sorry but most of what you wrote you appear to of just made up as you go along. Cryptic/Atari own all rights on everything in the game, they could give any/every player all the the promo/perk items tomorrow if they wished to. The only reason they're not going to is they don't want to **** everyone one off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The Borg BO from Amazon is a FEMALE ENGINEER

The Borg BO from KA is a MALE SCIENCE

Want to tell me how making the KA version customisable somehow manages to negate the exclusive nature of the Amazon version ?

The Amazon version CANNOT be attained via any other means thus it IS exclusive, there is no justification for disallowing the ability to customise the KA version. This is the same with ALL BOs. People like being able to CUSTOMISE their officers and instead Cryptic remove that function for no ******n reason.

There is no precious violation of people's pre-order bonus by making the KA Borg customisation idiot..
I'm not denying that, however I was under the impression that you wanted the Amazon Borg BO as the reward for KA instead of the one we got. I agree that the Borg BO from KA should be customizable, like all other BO's are.

On another note, you might want to apologize for the idiot comment. Fellow fleet member or not that comment was out of line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SimonJames
Sorry but most of what you wrote you appear to of just made up as you go along. Cryptic/Atari own all rights on everything in the game, they could give any/every player all the the promo/perk items tomorrow if they wished to. The only reason they're not going to is they don't want to **** everyone one off.
Simon, there were deals signed with the various retailers. That much is a fact. As to the content of what those deals are, only Cryptic and the retailers who signed them know, but it is not unreasonable to think that the pre-order items are a part of those contracts and that am exclusivity deal is in place for a certain amount of time. That only makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
I'm not denying that, however I was under the impression that you wanted the Amazon Borg BO as the reward for KA instead of the one we got. I agree that the Borg BO from KA should be customizable, like all other BO's are.

On another note, you might want to apologize for the idiot comment. Fellow fleet member or not that comment was out of line.
You decided to jump in on this thread and respond to me on the basis of an assumption that reading the thread would shown was incorrect.

If your going to be an idiot and not read the context of what your replying to then expect whats coming fellow fleet member or not.

Just so you get the message the OP wants the KA Borg to be customised, this is something that many requested on the Test server but was ignored and I commented to that fact. You have agreed that the KA Borg should be customised, anything else about Pre-order bonus exclusivity is irrelevant and off topic.

Case closed.

Now, will Cryptic actually do it ?

Unlikely, because as evidenced the knee jerk reaction from the 'exclusive' supporters is to claim it somehow removes their exclusive Pre-order BO or is against a Contract.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Sheridan, I misread your post. It happens, and there is a polite way and a inconsiderate way to go about pointing that out. It's called tact, and it might be a good idea to exercise it every so often. I just don't want to see you get banned for your conduct here on the forums, alright. And I got that point of the OP post, which I posted in my stance in my second post.
Lt. Commander
# 9 FrankenBorgstein
05-20-2010, 02:12 AM
That was the intended goal to make Borg drone boff who was "unique" in type, not to be confused with liberated Borg boff.
This way everyone could have the chance to have one!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Indeed it should be a Male version of the Amazon Borg BO. I have one and I don't mind. Because you supposed to save and old school Borg from being upgraded, yet he's the new version.

But in gameplay the Borg SBO walks like Frankenstein and the only thing that's even close to customizable is showing the armor on him so he is different from other Borg NPCs.