Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey Cryptic advertises that you can purchase 500 skill point cards at WalMart right? Well I visited 3 walmarts in my area across two states, and NONE of them carry the cards. One even said they received an initial shipment of only 24 cards when the game first came out but none since then. They couldn't even locate a store that did have them. Sounds like false advertising to me. Cryptic should either get the cards to the retailers or stop advertising that they have them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Ughhh....another one of you guys....it's always a junior member who does not read the forum description or even bother to learn about the area they are posting. This is Ten Forward....land of NOTHING SERIOUS.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 05:16 AM
except for the cause to stop walmart eating babies. thats serious, right?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Hey gtc_predator,

Read again. Then read some more. Then when you are done with that go to Walmart buy* a copy of their retail version use the code inside that comes with it and PRESTO you will get this option for 500 Skill Points in the the Cryptic Store.

No where does it say anything about a Star Trek Online Card for Skill Points.

Stop downing the machine when the machine is actually working.

* I personally would go out of my way and purchase a copy from some other company even if I had to pay more in shipping just to NOT support Wally World. Their continued lies and propaganda against their own creedo and slap to the faces of all their employees leads me to not want to support them. Great idea bad practice.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc_predator
Hey Cryptic advertises that you can purchase 500 skill point cards at WalMart right? Well I visited 3 walmarts in my area across two states, and NONE of them carry the cards. One even said they received an initial shipment of only 24 cards when the game first came out but none since then. They couldn't even locate a store that did have them. Sounds like false advertising to me. Cryptic should either get the cards to the retailers or stop advertising that they have them.
first of ten forward is not the place for this, only silly, fun stuff goes here.

the cards come with retail versions of the game, you cant buy them separately

if thats what you meant and the actual game does not come with the card as promised the fair enough something went wrong as the game should ship with the card

as for the skill point you do know it will probably take about thirty minutes of game time to get 500 skill points. its virtually nothing and hardly worth the trouble
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 05:39 AM
I disagree totally. This is Ten Forward. Last bastion of sanity and reason on the whole wide interweb. If this fine fellow who obviously knows exactly where to post feel the need to vent against a good company like Wal-Mart on our forum, we should not be afraid to have a calm and rational discussion with him.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MycroftHolmes View Post
I disagree totally. This is Ten Forward. Last bastion of sanity and reason on the whole wide interweb. If this fine fellow who obviously knows exactly where to post feel the need to vent against a good company like Wal-Mart on our forum, we should not be afraid to have a calm and rational discussion with him.
i vote we sacrifice him to the dark gods then eat him alive
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2010, 05:44 AM
I have never been sacrificed to any Dark Gods...ever.
and it is sooooo totally NOT opposite day
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i vote we sacrifice him to the dark gods then eat him alive
FOR THE DARK GODS!

...er, sorry. What were we talking about?
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2010, 05:45 AM
bunnies...