Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
If you remember this MMO that was on the table back in the day, you would know it had promise. But EA came along and killed the project, then used a ton of the ideas from the new game in the old UO. As a old UO player I was really ****ed after that, but I got over it. lol

Anyway, this is a prview of what the game was going to be like, sure it's dated now, but at the time it would have be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWumht6AuZo
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 05:16 PM
EA even let PC Gamer run an article about how cool the horseback combat would be. I was miffed when I heard they weren't going to do it.

*sighs* Also, I kind of miss my marble workshop near Moonglow.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
It was doomed once EA touched it, then they played with everyone again with Ultima X. They did the same crappy thing, make the game 1/2 way, then pull the plug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVoDp5QKjiA&feature=fvw
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 05:25 PM
In the old UO, I had a Tower east of Yew. I miss my Tower. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Moonglow was my old stomping ground too. I think Rwl and I had a convo about it at some point >.>
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Games that never were make me sad.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I was looking forward to UOXO. I had a 18x12 house 5 tiles from the entrance to Hythloth. If I needed coin I'd kill some baby dagrons on the surface. Going in the dungeon scared me some. Those imps were terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 03:31 AM
I used to have a large two floor house and a couple small training houses on the Lake Superior shard, it was kinda like a little PK tavern, they sat right behind the tiny orc fort along the road heading northeast out of Britain.

Oh the joys of chasing players back towards town yelling Corp Por!! and then hacking up their corpses and taking all their stuff....

mmmmm good times... good times...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 04:55 AM
Who out there remembers the Trinsic undead invasion? That was the event that happened before they made the 2nd lands. I was in the middle of that nightmare, but it was fun. lol

Shame UO2 never happened, I was looking forward to moving into that game.

Maybe Cryptic can buy the rights to UO from EA, and make UO3. Who am I fooling, that will NEVER HAPPEN. lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Out of all the MMOs that have come out since, not one of them has given me the same sense of satisfaction of pulling my boat up alongside my coastal house and smelting the mountain of ore that I just harvested...

I also think UO had a better sense of community. Every shard had multiple player-run towns and events.

Just thinking about it makes me want to go back and play for a month...