Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I constantly rewatch all the series (and films)...so while I am currently rewatching DS9 right now it has little to do with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord.Funk
Just curious how many out there have gotten in the mood to re-watch some Star Trek Series after starting to play STO ???

I'm currently re-watching Voyager, partly because I play STO, partly because I found a good deal/offer on at least Season 1 and 2 on DVD, or rather the offer made me go for the deal and buy them faster than maybe if no offer. Still it was STO that made me get in the mood to watch it again. I'm always in the mood for sci-fi and fantasy though. Only series/movies I dont have to "get" into a mood to watch as I'm always in that mood.

Recently bought Enterprise Series on DVD and re-watch that one as well.
This is funny, right when STO released I played to about Commander 4 while watching voyager then got so engrossed in Voyager that I stopped playing STO till I was done with Voyager. Now I am in the process of watching Deep Space 9. Because of STO, there is a lot of back story in those shows that I have missed out on or have forgotten about. Such as the Founders or the Jem'Hadar, etc.

I will be purchasing all of the seasons for DS9, TNG, TOS, etc just to get the lore from them all.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-18-2010, 11:48 PM
yup, i have been watching TNG whenever it's on tv
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-18-2010, 11:54 PM
Just finishing off season 7 of TNG. Season 5 and 6 were brilliant.
also im currently the end of s6 of DS9. Those who haven't watched DS9 give it a chance. Great characters and story-line. Its probably my fav series, but it lacks the 'charm' of TNG. I think its because I grew up watching TNG reruns here in Australia.

Im also slowly getting through S1 TOS. Its hilarious. No wonder there are so many Picard vs Kirk arguments.

I have all of Voyager and ENT. I find Voyager to be a little bland. When does it start getting good?

<3 Andorians in ENT
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-19-2010, 04:25 PM
I have started watching the TNG again!
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-19-2010, 04:27 PM
I've been wanting to watch TNG again. Just need to find a friend with it to borrow from.

In the meantime I watched all the TNG era movies in one weekend. It had this awesome effect. I wanted to see them because of the game. Then after I did that, I wanted to play the game some more.

I just recently watched Star Trek's II, III and IV on Netflix Instant too. They were just as much fun.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-19-2010, 04:31 PM
I started watching TOS with my daughter. She's never seen them before.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I bought digital copies of the movies, from TMP to nemesis because of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I started rewatching the TOS after playing some STO. It does put you into the mood.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
I watch all of Voyager about two months before STO, finished two days before open beta, more, TNG DS9, and even enterprise.
It sounds like you've never actually watched Star Trek.