Lt. Commander
# 1 Just for kicks and grins
05-19-2010, 04:35 AM
What about a PvP or PvE arena, that allows equal ships on both sides. Even one on one. Sometimes in the heat of the PvP and PvE battles, the skill of the Admirals and other ranks are hard to observe. In this enviroment two players could face off and let their abilities speak louder than they're speculation. It would be entertaining to participate or to observe.
Basically a place to settle the highly debated battles. Could be a blast!

Thanks

Ebeu
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Ah, you mean N-sized teamed, where N is 1-5. Yeah, it would be nice. Especially for testing purposes like on Tribble where it's hard to get 10 people to hop over. We could only get 6 last night and thus no PvP testing. 3v3 might have been doable if we could do that.

If they could get the private match stuff less wonky, that would be a short term solution I think.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Just incase there is a dev reading this I want to make something very clear. The day you introduce WoW style arenas is the day my subscription gets cancelled.

Open PvP is the way to go, not arenas.

Why I am so opposed to arenas? Cause then the devs will stand to balance the game around arena teams.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenda

Why I am so opposed to arenas? Cause then the devs will stand to balance the game around arena teams.
Actually the assumption that the game already is or is supposed to be balanced around 5vs5 games only and nothing else, is the main argument the premade players bring to prevent any changes to the game.