Lt. Commander
Hey all,

I ve noticed when in the B'tran Cluster, I get mostly Enemy Confrontation and other god damn fighting missions.

When I ve explored other Star Clusters there was a wider variation of missions. So whats wrong with the B'Tran Cluster. I dont like to play Enemy Confrontation over and over again...

Were are the Groundmissions, or even Aid the planet?

Is it possible, that the B'Tran Cluster is bugged a bt when it comes to Mission-Steamingout?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Actually, you get 50% Enemy Confrontation / Scan Vessel / Investigate Base with bugs, meaning you cannot start the mission since there is no intro window telling you what to do. You just bump into the empty asteroid field with no enemies, and you have to quit the mission again.

I can't believe nobuddy saw that bug for that long time span yet. And it's still not fixed, lol. =)
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 08:49 AM
So the B'Tran Cluster is bugged then?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Not that I'm aware of, no. The "Secure System" missions have bugs where you will enter the system and get no mission popup or NPCs. Overall I prefer the fighting encounters to ground but that's because I'm on Elite difficulty and ground has less places to run. Overall I get probably 50% enemy confrontation in space and 50% scan, planet based, aid the planet. If you don't want the mission you entered you can do what I do, warp out and find another. It's a pain but that's about all I can think of to get the mission types you prefer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Well it no problem to just leave the mission, but when I leave an enemy encounter, I get a new one when I hit the next anomalie.

That doesent happen in the other clusters. As example when I do the Betreka Nebula, you get diffrent and more non-combat mission though...

I might move back to Cardassian Space once I have farmed enough badges to get all equipment I want. I am not into Exploration-Combat alot. The game is full of combat and fighting, I dont need that on exploration.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-19-2010, 09:19 AM
one of the many reasons the game is a near complete failure. 'exploration' means more fight pirates or whatever than anything else. Even if you go down to the planet you...guess what...fight more mobs...boring...boring...borning..boring
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
The other suggestion I've read is to drop the mission while inside the mission. That should restart the entire thing. Haven't tried it myself (lucky so far).
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Painter_Pegazus View Post
The other suggestion I've read is to drop the mission while inside the mission. That should restart the entire thing. Haven't tried it myself (lucky so far).
That doesn't work because you don't get the mission popup that then lists the mission in your journal. I don't know why it's suggested when you don't have the option required when in that situation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699

Is it possible, that the B'Tran Cluster is bugged a bt when it comes to Mission-Steamingout?
I'll trade mission spawn luck with you. You can have the countless ground missions I keep getting, if I can have all your space combat missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
I'll trade mission spawn luck with you. You can have the countless ground missions I keep getting, if I can have all your space combat missions.
I was about to make the same offer. Dang it! Too late.