Lt. Commander
# 11
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
It's random. I think there is a bug in the random mission generator that makes it psychic and antisocial. You want a space mission to test the new Tribble change in space, and alll you get are ground missions, investigate base missions, relief efforts, scan anomaly issions... But not a single mission involving space combat.
Next day, you want to try Relief mission. Nope, no chance.

Ultimately, it's random. We tend to see patterns even where there aren't any. Since we all complain about getting different missions too often, I guess it means the randomization is working. If not, there has to be a bug that makes certain missions less likely for certain players. Seems unlikely, but who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-19-2010, 03:43 PM
The whole game is about fighting. The few "scan five from those" aren't really an alternative. I log in for my 5 dailys and log -- and for this I paid a lifetime-subscription. The only thing I spend more time for in the game is when all Klingon Explore Missions are buggy again.

Ground Missions... Space Elite is okay, but Ground is instant death.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Frankly, I get too many non-combat missions in B'Tran. Way too many scan 5 anomalies or access four computers. I only get loot for shooting things, dangit!

Don't get me wrong- I think there should be lots of non-combat missions in a Star Trek game, but as they are now, they're just boring and have too little reward. In particular, the non-combat ground missions are exactly the same as the combat ground missions, only with no enemies. That's not variety.

Of course, I realize that just typing this will guarantee that I get three Borg enemy confrontations in a row today :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Frankly, I get too many non-combat missions in B'Tran. Way too many scan 5 anomalies or access four computers. I only get loot for shooting things, dangit!

Don't get me wrong- I think there should be lots of non-combat missions in a Star Trek game, but as they are now, they're just boring and have too little reward. In particular, the non-combat ground missions are exactly the same as the combat ground missions, only with no enemies. That's not variety.

Of course, I realize that just typing this will guarantee that I get three Borg enemy confrontations in a row today :p

I concur the non combat missions are lacking in anything even remotly Trekish...and as for combat today, as na exmple, I got 7 BUGGED enemy conforntations in B tran... nice views NO bad guys. Cryptic rather then beating us up on tribble with all sorts of new nerfs...err I mean balance changes why dont you FIX WHAT YOU HAVE already and then worry about balance.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-21-2010, 02:50 PM
This the average experience I have in any exploration system.

10-15 ground mission with roughly 2 scan 5 object space missions for every 5 ground missions.

After a quota of no less than 8 ground missions I'll get 1 bugged enemy confrontation followed by more scanning and more ground BS*.

Each time I get a ground mission I skip it. After getting about 2 scan five object missions, pending my mood and how many other missions I just bailed on I'l do it just to get closer to finishing my dailies.

The thing is, I don't mind the combat, I really don't, I wouldn't even mind ground combat except I hate the ground controls, which are still glitchy after 4 months. I despise the controls and I despise fighting Borg on foot. Their assimilation attack is totally OP and their still buggy some times when you deal damage. If you're going to make them adapt like they do then for the love of god why do you limit our weapons to only 2? How does that make scenes?

Anyway, I suggest that after bailing on the same mission, like 9 times in a row, the game should get the hint and stop offering you that mission type until you get one you accept. IF this idea ****es people off, they consider why you have the option to leave and they don't force you to finish the missions? Clearly they want you to be able to pick your fights, they just want you to really work for it.

As a post note, I do think it would be nice if they added more non combat missions, but scanning 5 objects is weak. The mission objective might as well just say orbit the planet once then it could reward me with random data. That's how interactive it is.

*Battle Situations, not the other abbreviation, though it might also apply.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-94699
Hey all,

I ve noticed when in the B'tran Cluster, I get mostly Enemy Confrontation and other god damn fighting missions.

When I ve explored other Star Clusters there was a wider variation of missions. So whats wrong with the B'Tran Cluster. I dont like to play Enemy Confrontation over and over again...

Were are the Groundmissions, or even Aid the planet?

Is it possible, that the B'Tran Cluster is bugged a bt when it comes to Mission-Steamingout?
its completely random. sometimes it seems you have a type of missins in a chain but the next day it might be that you don't get a fight mission when you got 3 the other day.....
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-22-2010, 08:37 AM
I seem to get the opposite of what the toon does best on Elite.

Science officer does great on ground elite but struggles on space elite. B'tran guess what I get all the time on this one... you got it... space combat missions all the time.

Tactical and engineer does good in space on elite and not as well as the science on the ground. B'tran guess what I get all the time on these two... you got it... ground combat missions all the time. Or the scan 5 ones without enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-23-2010, 02:12 AM
I always do the missions on "Normal" ... it's easy, and you still get the same loot as in "Elite", meowbe you get a bit more cumpurrnents when you are on "Elite", butt I hoped for more gr33n and blue l00t ... meow! What's up with those? Anyway, I can cunfirm that the Secure System missions are 50% bugged at least, if not more. Meaning: You enter the map, you get no intro text, you can't do nuffin at all. And it happens quite often that after exiting such a bugged map, you find another anomeowly and enter the same map again. >_<

I hope those bugs can be fixified purrmeownently.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormstryke
I seem to get the opposite of what the toon does best on Elite.

Science officer does great on ground elite but struggles on space elite. B'tran guess what I get all the time on this one... you got it... space combat missions all the time.

Tactical and engineer does good in space on elite and not as well as the science on the ground. B'tran guess what I get all the time on these two... you got it... ground combat missions all the time. Or the scan 5 ones without enemies.
Think it's specifically geared to that, since my Tac is all the time getting ground missions. Like a fool, I'll still drop the 10 or 12 minutes to complete them, but meh. Loot definitely sucks on ground. Nothing with a decent vendor sell price.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I received all non-combat yesterday (granted 2 were of scan 5 anomalies around pretty planets)