Lt. Commander
I've posted this pretty much everywhere here, but it seems to have gone unnoticed.

There was a similar thread but it went wholly ignored.

I am asking for a simple, single post from a gold name, defining the following:

What is the Cryptic policy on Exclusivity of Rewards for STO? Specifically, what if any expiration is intended. List of examples including specifically but not limited to the TOS MU, Liberated Borg, and Galaxy X. Are these intended to be exclusive rewards (as many of us with them maintain), or is there a planned expiration on that exclusivity? NOT what it was or wasn't 9-10 months ago, what it is right now, right here.

This forum has erupted in debate, and degraded into full on adversarial postings, trolling and troll-baiting, insults, and community members who may get along perfectly well otherwise, at each other's throats, daily.

I admit fully that there are likely less than 25 individuals who vanguard this squabbling, myself included. But the endless demands and rebuttals, followed by a downward spiral of personal attacks and name calling needs to end, and this frankly is the ONLY way to clear this matter from the forums and let this forum in particular go back to being about promotion and reward suggestions, not player on player attacks.

I don't care what anyone thinks should and should not be on the matter, nor do I care to make my opinions the subject of this thread - that has been done to death already. I only care what the answer is at this point. And what it is NOW, not what it probably could be back in August, maybe, based on hunches and half-clues leaving us all to our own devices to interpret, and certianly not what it "should be".

Black and white, clear, and decisive statement, in the present, about the policy and intention, from the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Everyone is exclusive. Everyone is unique. Follow the Shoe.

<chant>
WE ARE ALL INDIVIDUALS!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 03:34 PM
i agree cryptic needs to let us know whats going on because if the exclusives do have a shelf life then i know not to waste monney on them anymore and just wait til they're made available cheaper or ingame
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Agreed. This is getting out of hand. It's currently nothing but conjecture and throat slitting. We need an official ruling on this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthro View Post
i agree cryptic needs to let us know whats going on because if the exclusives do have a shelf life then i know not to waste monney on them anymore and just wait til they're made available cheaper or ingame
Exclusives DO have a shelf life, look at the "Lifers only" station. The TOS uniforms. It's not surprising that you, or I, or the OP would want to know the details.

If they would answer this question, we could all move on. If they won't answer this question, perhaps they will answer "Why won't you answer that question?"

(Has to be better than what we have for an answer now, no?)
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adigregorio View Post
Exclusives DO have a shelf life, look at the "Lifers only" station. The TOS uniforms. It's not surprising that you, or I, or the OP would want to know the details.
Well the Lifer's station was not an Exlusive. It was a 'thank you' the devs came up with much later. It was never advertised as part of the actual deal.

The TOS uniforms were also not an exclusive. The word was never used in association with it (or the Joined Trill.) But Exclusive and Unique were used for everything else on the DDE. In fact the DDE was actually the second way they gave out the TOS uniforms. (First was to Starfleet members)

All we do know at this point is that In the history of This game and Champions nothing marked Exclusive/unique/preorder ever made it to the C-Store. Nor are they on the scedule to be added.

So thats an answer of sorts, but a direct answer would be nicer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Cryptic wont answer and even if they did it dosent bind them at all.

If they said all exclusive items would remain exclusive till the sun burns out they could make them available tommorrow and you couldnt do anything.

Your options are either

A) Stay and take it - Thus condoing their actions

B) Leave - Thus you become a non issue to Cryptic and they can continue their practice with those who do A

Only if B) becomes REALLY prevelant will Cryptic really care and that isnt going to happen.

Even assuming the absolute unlikely chance Cryptic give you an answer. Its not going to contain a fixed date on exclusive expiration. If they do that people are going to end up waiting till that date rather than go for their exclusive deals.

Of course they arent going to say it will remain Exclusive forever either... that causes people to do B) when they make it available by other means.

Result: Stone-Wall silence or vague answer that dosent commit them except for people that ASSUME.
For example: The Galaxy-X MAY have a cloak.

The defenders claim... oh your just speculating because it MIGHT have something.

Then it comes out WITH the cloak and by that time the disenters are banned, trodden over or left.
OR
It DOSENT come with a cloak but the people that got the offer have already sold their souls while Cryptic claim they made no 'offical' comment the feature.

Nice lesson in how modern day business works.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Well the Lifer's station was not an Exlusive. It was a 'thank you' the devs came up with much later. It was never advertised as part of the actual deal.
Actually, youre wrong.

Quote:
In-Game VIP Lounge
Spend time in an exclusive area inside the game. This social area is limited to Lifetime Subscribers only.
Taken from the newsletter Cryptic sent out a few months ago.
And heres from the STO site a few months ago.
Quote:
The Captain's Table - A special area exclusive to lifetime subscribers. See below to learn how to claim this perk.
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1401

So yes... the Captain's table was indeed "exclusive".
And seeing how quickly they were to make it a veterans award(i dont mind personally) it means that anything labeled exclusive isnt worth a farthing.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
While I realize these matters are close to the heart of most of us here, please, there are PLENTY of other places to continue the heated debate.

Lets leave this thread for one singular purpose: soliciting an answer from the team, regardless of what that answer is.

Continue to demand, debate, discuss, and dissect the issue elsewhere. But just let the focus here remain on getting a ruling.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Actually, youre wrong.

Taken from the newsletter Cryptic sent out a few months ago.
And heres from the STO site a few months ago.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/1401

So yes... the Captain's table was indeed "exclusive".
And seeing how quickly they were to make it a veterans award(i dont mind personally) it means that anything labeled exclusive isnt worth a farthing.
Sorry not wrong. It was never advertised as part of the lifetime subscription. Never. Those were perks added much later as a thank you to both games.