Lt. Commander
# 1 Starbase's: Dear Cryptic
05-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Dear Cryptic

Firstly thankyou for the sheer bravery of taking on one of if not the toughest IP's out there and giving us star trek fans somewhere to log in and play out own series out every night. I don't post here often but I do today with a suggestion of sorts. If you want to encourage people into playing and to keep playing, add those interiors your talking about for ships, but don't stop there. If they are a success, move onto fleet owned starbase's, or outposts.

The instances area where players can instantly travel to, is little problem for you, you may even make it an ability. However go big, or don't do it at all. Put npcs in, a bar? Shuttlebay? Go crazy. Give fleets a means of earning these sections. Purchasable by merits?

Also you should consider making it an instance where we can travel upto the base, much like when approaching a planet or asteroid base. I understand that is a large undertaking, but it would be a considerable advancement. Perhaps place basic vendors on these bases also. Somewhere we can do all our stuff, and invite others to. Customization is a must, your the kings of that so I won't say anymore.

Best of luck Cryptic

Mav Hawkins
Lt. Commander
# 2 Hahahah
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverz
Dear Cryptic

Firstly thankyou for the sheer bravery of taking on one of if not the toughest IP's out there and giving us star trek fans somewhere to log in and play out own series out every night. I don't post here often but I do today with a suggestion of sorts. If you want to encourage people into playing and to keep playing, add those interiors your talking about for ships, but don't stop there. If they are a success, move onto fleet owned starbase's, or outposts.

The instances area where players can instantly travel to, is little problem for you, you may even make it an ability. However go big, or don't do it at all. Put npcs in, a bar? Shuttlebay? Go crazy. Give fleets a means of earning these sections. Purchasable by merits?

Also you should consider making it an instance where we can travel upto the base, much like when approaching a planet or asteroid base. I understand that is a large undertaking, but it would be a considerable advancement. Perhaps place basic vendors on these bases also. Somewhere we can do all our stuff, and invite others to. Customization is a must, your the kings of that so I won't say anymore.

Best of luck Cryptic

Mav Hawkins

While I find this idea has much merit i do not think cryptic to be the kings of customization. The true definition of such actions is not correct inside STO.

We cannot customize our ships. we are also limited in given only skins and not allowed to bring true customization to our ships. true a ship can look the same on the outside but they are not so on the inside. giving us the abillity to add and take away on a ship is customization. i would rather pay extra cash for that ability then some stupid skin or emote that has no real function in the game besides looking like a twart half the time.

This game needs more function to bring content attributes to the game itself. if utopia shipyards where open the game would be awesome. if jupiter space station was open then game would get awesome. if the academy was put online first you would have had a slow pace in getting so many ra 5 admirals in less then a months time. if sectors of space was obtainable then you would have massive content and plenty of time to not worry about developing new content.

Cryptics problem is that they have no true understanding about the subscribers making the content with sector battles and actual fleet measurements.
in all the movies and tv shows the federation was always on the verge of battle and always having problems keeping the peace. we do not feel that in this game. you wont allow the subscribers to actually get the idea we are actually doing something worth while. your content is weak and growing boring. your drops dont match the function of what a person does for hours on end.

Peolpe would spend hours soemtimes even days working out the ability to fine tool their ship as engineers.
Study, truly study anomilies as scienetist, and have and create combat tactics and ship to ship formations in a holo deck as a tactical officer.

Memory alpha by definition is not where starfleet goes to do upgrades on ship parts or create new consoles. that is done at a shipyard. Memory alpha is where a vast majorty of the federations data is stored.

You devs have a gold mine in your hands, but if you try to **** it just to make a quick buck well no one will trust you again and you will fall to the waste side like legacy did. an MMO is suppose to be hard and enourmous. Its suppose to make you feel as if you are apart of a whole community. Many peolpe feel your betraying that just to make some money. You can make your money no one is knocking againt that but bring us something worth paying for. Dont spend hours on a stupid emote or extra character. bring true function to the game. we should have a feel that the devs know what they are doing when they work on STO.

Here is an example, ship devs. nacelles arent suppose to be that close to the hull of a ship. radiation as well as the front of the naceelle is used for collecting. they are called bussard ramscoops " collectros used to gather interstellar hydrogen. its another source of enegry when your far away from a space station. what will be the function of the ready room in truth. far as i can see nothing of great advantage in turning the game around. showing true function in the game requires not to create a space but to have multiple functions in that space. i would rather have true mechanical customization then some stupid ready room to put more garbage in it. ohh look i did this mission or ohh look i have a fish tank, ohh look i have a picture. non of these attributes brings function to the game.
If i can study my ship attributes. find ways to increase my matter/anit-matter output by a couple of percentage,create a new holo matrix program. have a tournament in game with fellow fleet mates or other ship captains. Have a delagation from an unknown world come aboard to talk peace deals or make a contract with another delagation to mine a specific ore.

You are missing so much and creating so many holes in star trek that you will soon sink. stop the content development. we have enough bad story lines from your writers. Start working on the functions of how the federation functions from day to day. Trust me peolpe will join if they can be incharge of a space station for a month, be cheif of security for ds9, be incharged of a task force of more then 5 ships for a week or so. be involved in contructing new outpost on the front lines, helping in develop new ships.

You have tones of content which are functional in star trek. your writers are just to moronic to notice it because they never watched star trek. Stop trying to create the future of star trek. fill in the gaps. i just named a few.

The klingons have so many gaps. no PVE in the klingon side wow. what about trying to destroy the federation. Thats a huge pvpe. also trying to take a system, another huge pvpe.

Get rid of sector space in contested territories. sector space should only be in true faction space that no one can transverse to. everything else should be open space that can be taken, fought over and contested each day. talk about your numbers swelling. Peolpe will be eager to come on to STO everyday just to try and make a difference in taking that territory.

You need more klingons. disconnect them from the federation beginng. If you choose a faction you should start off from the faction beginning to the end. this change in STO will allow your dev months to even years of content and extra work time to create the Star trek universe future.

"anti wall effect taking place,hope this is better "
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
While I find this idea has much merit i do not think cryptic to be the kings of customization. The true definition of such actions is not correct inside STO. we cannot customize our ships. we are much so limited in given only skins and not allowed to bring true customization to our ships. true a ship can look the same on the outside but they are not so on the inside. giving us the abillity to add and take away on a ship is customization. i would rather pay extra cash for that ability then some stupid skin or emote that has no real function in the game besides looking like a twart half the time. This game needs more function to bring content attributes to the game itself. if utopia shipyards where open the game would be awesome. if jupiter space station was open then game would get awesome. if the academy was put online first you would have had a slow pace in getting so many ra 5 admirals in less then a months time. if sectors of space was obtainable then you would have massive content and plenty of time to not worry about developing new content. Cryptics problem is they have no thought that the subscribers should make the content with sector battles and actual fleet measurements. in all the movies and tv shows the federation was always on the verge of battle and always having problems keeping the peace. we do not feel that in this game. you wont allow the sub-scribers to actually get the idea we are actually doing something worth while. your content is weak and growing boring. your drops dont match the function of what a person does for hours on end. peolpe would spend hours soemtimes even days working out the ability to fine tool their ship as engineers, study, truly study anomilies as scienetist, and have and create combat tactics and ship to ship formations in a holo deck as a tactical officer. memory alpha by definition is not where star fleet goes to do upgrades on ship parts or create new consoles. that is done at a shipyard. Memory alpha is where a vast majorty of the federations data is stored. You devs have a gold mine in your hands, but if you try to **** it just to make a quick buck well no one will trust you again and you will fall to the waste side like legacy did. an MMO is suppose to be hard and enourmous. Its suppose to make you feel as if you are apart of a whole community. many peolpe feel your betraying that just to make some money. You can make your money no one is knocking againt that but bring us something worth paying for. dont spend hours on a stupid emote or character. bring true function to the game. we should have a feel that the devs know what they are doing when they work on STO. Here is an example, ship devs. nacelles arent suppose to be that close to the hull of a ship. radiation as well as the front of the naceelle is used for collecting. they are called bussard ramscoops " collectros used to gather interstellar hydrogen. its another source of enegry when your far away from a space station. what will be the function of the ready room in truth. far as i can see nothing of great advantage in turning the game around. showing true function in the game requires not to create a space but to have multiple functions in that space. i would rather have true mechanical customization then some stupid ready room to put more garbage in it. ohh look i did this mission or ohh look i have a fish tank, ohh look i have a picture. non of these attributes brings function to the game. now if i can study my ship attributes. find ways to increase my matter/anit-matter output by a couple of percentage,create a new holo matrix program. have a tournament in game with fellow fleet mates or other ship mates. have a delagation from world come aboard to talk peace deals or make a contract with another delagation to mine a specific ore. your missing so much and creating so many holes in star trek that you will soon sink. stop the content development. we have enough bad story lines from your writers. start working on the functions of how the federation is runned. trust me peolpe will join if they can be incharge of a space station for a month, be cheif of security for ds9, be incharged of a task force of more then 5 ships for a week or so. be involved in contructing new outpost on the front lines, helping in develop new ships. you have tones of content which are functional in star trek. your writers are just to moronic to notice it because they never watched star trek. stop trying to create the future of star trek. fill in the gaps. i just named a few. the klingons have so many gaps. no PVE in the klingon side wow. what about trying to destroy the federation. thats a huge pve. also trying to take a system, another huge pve. get rid of sector space in contest territories. sector space should only be in true faction space that no one can transverse to. everything else should be open space that can be taken, fought over and contested each day. talk about your number swelling. peolpe will be eager to come on to STO everyday just to try and make a difference in taking that territory. you need more klingons. disconnect them from the federation beginng. If you choose a faction you should start off from the faction beginning to the end. this change in STO will allow your dev months to even years of content and extra work time to create Star trek universe future.
Wall of text crits all readers with over 9000 Attack.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2010, 08:39 AM

Meh EyEs!!!

Please understand and develop paragraph skills, if you have typed any meaning, it lost in the wall of text that crit meh eyes.....

Edit - Zodi you had to quote him?! You just crit meh eyes a 2nd time!!!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizman

Edit - Zodi you had to quote him?! You just crit meh eyes a 2nd time!!!
Yes, yes I did, hahaha it's part of my evil plans.
Lt. Commander
# 6 my bad
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
i edited it to give reader function now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
/concur. I think there should be more functionality. More PvE for Klingons. We should be able to customize the way our ship functions, not just the way our ship appears. /concur in every way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
This thread is too funny *dies laughing in chair"
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
I vote yes. I've been trying to get this point across myself with very little success.

Why? Because many of the ppl who play this game don't know the first thing about Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
I vote yes. I've been trying to get this point across myself with very little success.

Why? Because many of the ppl who play this game don't know the first thing about Star Trek.
What's a Trek?