Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 SubNuc debuff
05-19-2010, 10:13 AM
I use this tactic a lot and seems to be a little OP every minute and a 1/2.

I wait till the opponent goes through his/her buff cycle, pop snb then pretty much tear into them.

i think it should just remove a random buff or two, not everything. Or maybe just a type like tac, eng, or sci abilites.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
05-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Or instead of advocating changing yet another skill that works fine. People can L2P and not load up on tons of skills when your fighting a science guy. Seriously your not thinking if you keep doing this tactic. Call me what you will but I have no problems taking advantage of bad players because they have yet to adjust to in game tactics.

Now I will say that in the good matches I play and the quality players I tend to play against. I do not see people stacking buffs like they used to. I say relish and sit in your glee as you watch people who stack these buffs and you get the pleasure of removing them.

Of course I prefer the old version of SNB but you wont here me complain about the new one. Science as it stands now, pretty much sucks. Thank goodness we at least SNB or else there are not a lot of reasons for us to be in groups.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
I use this tactic a lot and seems to be a little OP every minute and a 1/2.

I wait till the opponent goes through his/her buff cycle, pop snb then pretty much tear into them.

i think it should just remove a random buff or two, not everything. Or maybe just a type like tac, eng, or sci abilites.
SNB is only op when your opponent doesn't know about it and lawlstacks all his buffs onto cooldown. If the opponent plays around it (even a little) it becomes significantly weaker.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
05-19-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, the cooldown on Tribble has been increased so that balances it the other way, but I personally don't find SNB that overpowering on Live. Usually when we need it to strip a target, it's on cooldown. And even if we say strip RSP off a target, allies can usually cover the target (Extend Shields, ET back hull, etc). If i get hit with SNB I usually have heals to keep me through it, or I can just ST away the cooldown debuff. SNB seems to be more the RSP/FBP counter than anything from experience.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
05-19-2010, 11:14 AM
I haven't looked at tribble too much, just read some stuff about nerfs to dps and people saying escorts will have serious issues if it goes live. Also, read mixing weapon types will be doable, cause of nerfs to certain tac consoles.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
I haven't looked at tribble too much, just read some stuff about nerfs to dps and people saying escorts will have serious issues if it goes live. Also, read mixing weapon types will be doable, cause of nerfs to certain tac consoles.
I'm not sci, so I didn't read it in detail, but I believe it's another 60s on the SNB recharge. I encourage you to take a look at Tribble though, at least to see what's coming. It's a lot of significant changes, and I think we need all the player feedback we can get to get this tuned before it goes Live.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
05-19-2010, 11:59 AM
i like the current incarnation of SNB over the previous one. not being able to do anything for the time it ran (wich was very long) was NOT fun. when hit 3 or 4 times in a match that takes between 10-15min u easily spend 30% of ur pvp time watching ur screen and do nothing. at least now all my buffs get stripped but i can still be in the fight. give out heals, do little damage and maneuvre in such a way i can survive it. previous incarnation u got hit with SNB u were dead. no going around that. and premades with their counters are wrong. good for u if u were able to counter it in group. no single pug has ever done so.

now, i still buff myself to the max. most of the times when i unload they still dont know im coming in with monster cannons, until its to late. have i buffed myself to the max to get it all stripped? ofcourse i have. this isnt the standard thoug. unless u keep going toe to toe against that sci ship that already knows your tricks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Ya being a life subscriber i really should. It's hard to read through all the posts though, to find the facts and not just the people crying about what's happening to their specs. I've signed up for tribble but getting this error when i try to access it, think the problem is on my side.

I did agree with a post that didn't get much attention and that was the free respec for patches like this. People do spend a lot of time to change things, just to have it undone by changes. Some people have spent real money to get in line with recent changes just to be hosed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostish
Ya being a life subscriber i really should. It's hard to read through all the posts though, to find the facts and not just the people crying about what's happening to their specs. I've signed up for tribble but getting this error when i try to access it, think the problem is on my side.

I did agree with a post that didn't get much attention and that was the free respec for patches like this. People do spend a lot of time to change things, just to have it undone by changes. Some people have spent real money to get in line with recent changes just to be hosed.
if u spend dollars or euros to get a respec ur doing it wrong (not targeting you mate) but i will say that 20K merit points is a bit exssessive. u get an average of 100 merit points per game. u need to play 200games to respec. thats just to much. i refuse to buy anything in C-store. so every respec for me is harsh. and limits my enjoyment of the game. say i respec into a cruiser on my tac just to check it out. if i decide i dont like it after 20 games i will be stuck with it another 180 games, C my point?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
05-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Right so getting a free respec token whether used or not for a patch like this should be a thing cryptic should be doing.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:24 AM.