Originally Posted by V-Mink
I'm looking forward to Caitans as well.
Pervert!
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Gosh.. next thing you know ST becomes a emo anime show. We already have klingons as the bad guys again...
Completely lost me. What does the release date of Caitians have to do w/ emo anime or Klingons? while we are off topic though. Why would you assume that Klingons are the bad guys simply because they are the opposing faction? It was my impression that the Borg and the Undine are the "badguys".
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Completely lost me. What does the release date of Caitians have to do w/ emo anime or Klingons? while we are off topic though. Why would you assume that Klingons are the bad guys simply because they are the opposing faction? It was my impression that the Borg and the Undine are the "badguys".
We're currently at war with the Klingons due to their sneak attack on the Romulans. Generally the people we're at war with are our enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-19-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
I'm looking forward to Caitans as well.
So is this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQpYEUPE23M
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Ya, another thread for furry haters to rail against Caitians. When one doesn't have anything to do with another.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF

and this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuHvUqLbslg
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Ya, another thread for furry haters to rail against Caitians. When one doesn't have anything to do with another.

you hit the nail on the head. "yet another thread"

Is it necessary for people to ask the same question every day?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootCadillac

hey i like the cat pepole ...ive been waiting for them to get in game so i can level my 3rd alt to RA5 sience!
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Okay... look....

I'm looking forward to Caitans as well. I think they'll make a pretty cool addition.* But for the love of latinum... please let's not keep having posts about when Caitans are going to be put in the game? It's really not painting the folks who want to see Caitans in the game in a terribly good light.

Yes, it sucks that I have to make note of that. If this were a sane and rational world I wouldn't be having to worry about what my neighbor or the next hundred posters or Some Guy On The Internet thought. But this is not a sane and rational world.

THIS... IS... INTARTUUUUUBES!** *cue slammin' metal soundtrack*

I know that most folks looking forward to the Caitans being in the game aren't fetishists or furries or fuzzies or what-have-you -- they're just folks looking to see something neat and cool in the game, and that's cool. But, y'see... well... this is the Internet, and 'Blowing things out of proportion' and 'Taking things out of context' is not only de rigeur, it's the Order of the Day... and the Week... and the Decade.

So... qa'chill for a bit, they'll be in the game, the character artist is working on this along with everything else that's been dumped on him (and training a new guy, too) so a little patience and it'll happen in time.

* - Be even cooler if they -- and every other new playable race -- could be unlocked through a mission. Boom: Instant content.
** - Or 'Caketown' for the family-friendly version.

I don't see how my question about the release date change paints any one in any light what so ever? I simply wasn't aware that this had been answered and didn't occur to me to search and see if it had been. Further more I wasn't aware of this whole Caitians = fetishist debate, lol. I suppose they probably think the same of any kid who grew up watching thunder cats or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and couldn't get enough of them, lol. Personally I just saw them as a cool species that was different from the typical humanoid looking ones you see in Trek, but hey to each their own. Who am I to tell some one how to use their account or what to use it for? As long as they aren't "role-playing" adult type acts in public I don't care what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
We're currently at war with the Klingons due to their sneak attack on the Romulans. Generally the people we're at war with are our enemies.
Enemies yes, but that doesn't make them the bad guys or us the good guys for that matter. The fight is over the fundamental difference in opinion over how the Undine threat should be dealt with. As in DS9 we see that the Klingons feel that to ensure safety the best way to go about it is to conquer those around them and again since the Federation didn't approve it tore down the alliance yet again.

Quote:

I doubt it's "necessary" but as stated before I wasn't aware that another thread about this existed, having said that I also don't care. If a DEV or GM has an issue w/ my thread they are free to close it and direct me to another one.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:

I agree, we don't need this many threads about the topic.
Closed Thread