Lt. Commander
# 21
05-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
I agree, we don't need this many threads about the topic.
Obviously the people in change of the forums feel differently or they would clean up the threads and condense them into one. It's not like it's not been done before. Usually they will lock the excessive thread and post a link to an older thread where the discussion can resume. Frankly I'm surprise that people feel the need to bump this thread w/ complaint posts or comments about fetishes?
The threads purpose was to get a simple answer, which I did on page 1. Please, feel free to let the thread die now, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
What happened to Caitians?
Hopefully not Bob Barker...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Enemies yes, but that doesn't make them the bad guys or us the good guys for that matter.
We don't need philosophical discussions about war. After all, technically Undine and Borg aren't bad guys either. They just want to live their lives to their fullest potential.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
'Taking things out of context' is not only de rigeur, it's the Order of the Day... and the Week... and the Decade.
Thanks for making my point for me.

Anyway, has this horse been beaten down enough? Or are we looking for glue this time around? =)
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilv View Post
Obviously the people in change of the forums feel differently or they would clean up the threads and condense them into one. It's not like it's not been done before. Usually they will lock the excessive thread and post a link to an older thread where the discussion can resume. Frankly I'm surprise that people feel the need to bump this thread w/ complaint posts or comments about fetishes?
The threads purpose was to get a simple answer, which I did on page 1. Please, feel free to let the thread die now, lol.
You're kind of missing the point. The first place you should have checked was the engineering reports before asking the question. Then check the dev tracker. Since Matt the designer has covered this subject in depth. All you did inadvertently was give the furry haters more ammunition.

Yeah, some of us pro-caitian fellows have had to deal with these threads in one form or another since the other forum so it gets tiring after a while when people don't research the issue first.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-19-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
We don't need philosophical discussions about war. After all, technically Undine and Borg aren't bad guys either. They just want to live their lives to their fullest potential.
Well, the Klingons didn't start invading worlds without provocation, they did so as a reaction to a clear threat from an invading force that had infiltrated other worlds at the highest levels. The Klingons were attempting to protect not just their empire but the rest of the quadrant. For all intents and purposes they probably view the Federation as the bad guys for being too cowardly to proactively defend the quadrant and letting them do all the work and then condemning them for doing so. It's the same exact situation that prompted the Federation Klingon war during DS9 in which the founders tried the same tactic the Undine are using now. The Undine simply want to wipe out all life in our galaxy because they view us as imperfect and are doing so by turning allies into enemies by seeding distrust and letting them fight amongst themselves. The Borg want to attain perfection by assimilating everyone they can and killing those that threaten that perfection. Neither of those motives resemble what the Klingons were trying to accomplish at all BUT I guess from their individual perspectives they are doing what they feel they must for their own survival. Personally what I think makes them bad guys and not the Klingons is that what they are doing are for purely selfish reasons where as the Klingons (in their own extremist way) were attempting to perform a public service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
You're kind of missing the point. The first place you should have checked was the engineering reports before asking the question. Then check the dev tracker. Since Matt the designer has covered this subject in depth. All you did inadvertently was give the furry haters more ammunition.

Yeah, some of us pro-caitian fellows have had to deal with these threads in one form or another since the other forum so it gets tiring after a while when people don't research the issue first.
Well I didn't, what I should have done and what I did are obviously two completely different things. Going on and on about what I should have done isn't going to change the fact that the thread IS up and obviously not closed. As to what Pro-Caitians or anti furry people want I personally don't care, sorry but I don't. I find that WHOLE ENTIRE debate laughable at best. I seriously thought it was a joke when it was brought up on this thread and I'm amused to actually find entire threads revolved on the topic. I honestly don't care what people think of me for wanting a Caitian and I don't see why anyone would care what race others choose to make or why it's any of their business anyway, lol. It's kind of silly and sad that people find they need to defend what species they want to make or that people feel they need to trash others for making a character of their choosing, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Well, the Klingons didn't start invading worlds without provocation, they did so as a reaction to a clear threat from an invading force that had infiltrated other worlds at the highest levels. The Klingons were attempting to protect not just their empire but the rest of the quadrant. For all intents and purposes they probably view the Federation as the bad guys for being too cowardly to proactively defend the quadrant and letting them do all the work and then condemning them for doing so. It's the same exact situation that prompted the Federation Klingon war during DS9 in which the founders tried the same tactic the Undine are using now. The Undine simply want to wipe out all life in our galaxy because they view us as imperfect and are doing so by turning allies into enemies by seeding distrust and letting them fight amongst themselves. The Borg want to attain perfection by assimilating everyone they can and killing those that threaten that perfection. Neither of those motives resemble what the Klingons were trying to accomplish at all BUT I guess from their individual perspectives they are doing what they feel they must for their own survival. Personally what I think makes them bad guys and not the Klingons is that what they are doing are for purely selfish reasons where as the Klingons (in their own extremist way) were attempting to perform a public service.
I don't believe the Klingons attacked the Romulans to save the quadrant. I think they were making a land-grab.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I don't believe the Klingons attacked the Romulans to save the quadrant. I think they were making a land-grab.

Well what you believe is a matter of personal opinion. I'm going on the facts presented on the path to 2409 section, specifically the 2399-2402 tabs, which by the way make no mention of the Klingons going after the Romulans. It says they were at war w/ the Gorn-Nausican fleets. The exact withdrawal from the Khitomer accords by the Klingons was prompted by:

"Captain Ja'rod meets in a closed session with J'mpok and the High Council for more than seven hours. Reports are that Ja'rod reveals the details of his investigation into the Undine presence in the Gorn Hegemony to the Council, and that the infiltration goes much deeper than previously believed.

A day later, J'mpok, with the full backing of the High Council, orders an invasion of the Gorn Hegemony. "No more waiting. No more talking. We are Klingon, and we will protect the Alpha Quadrant from these qa'meH quv – these replacers of honor with dishonor. We attack!"

A combined Klingon and Orion fleet storms across the border into the Gorn Hegemony within weeks. The ships clash with Gorn and Nausicaan forces in multiple systems, and the simmering conflict flares into open warfare.

J'mpok sends a message to President Okeg, asking for Federation assistance as spelled out in the Khitomer Accords. However, the Federation Council instead condemns the invasion and demands that the Klingons withdraw from Gorn space and return to the negotiating table. "This is not the first time that the Klingons have acted rashly," said Councilor Astoni-Yhard of Grazer. "For all we know, they're chasing shadows. What reason would these 'Undine' have for being here now?"

The Klingon response is swift. In a tersely worded message, J'mpok pulls the Klingon Empire out of the Khitomer Accords and recalls all Klingon ambassadors back to Qo'noS. "Chancellor J'mpok's decision is regrettable," Okeg says. "However, it is his to make. We will continue to do all we can to repair our relationship with our longtime friends in the Klingon Empire."

Federation citizens are unceremoniously ejected from the Empire, and it is only because of his ties to Qo'noS that Ambassador Worf is allowed to stay in the capital city. "

Which makes me wonder if the Federaton is still being lead by it's elected leaders or by Undine in disguise.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Read the book which goes with the game. It'll give you much further insights into all things STO history-wise.

Edit: From the timeline: 2382

"The Klingon Empire takes advantage of the weak position of the Romulans to stage lightning strikes into Romulan space, retaking Khitomer and the sector surrounding it. The Federation Council criticizes the move, but Ambassador K’mtok responds that the empire is simply reclaiming territory that belonged to the Klingons by right."
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Those japanese guys (not being racist here) who marry pilows, fall in love for anime characters and try to look like girls without beeing homossexuals also love cat-people, so the caitians might be attractive to them, and make them come to STO. Don't get me wrong, i am not saying everyone who likes cat-people are like that, i also like cat people (looking forward to having a Thundercat bridge officer).
I don't hate these guys, i fear them.. i fear them as Haley Joel Osment fears dead people...

Makes me wonder what happened to all the samurais, ninjas and all the man stuff...
Closed Thread