Lt. Commander
# 1 Is this a graphics bug?
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone I've got a query I wonder if someone could help me with?

Anyhow since the 11th Feb patch my graphics have been a little weird is the best way to put it. Before patch everything was fine graphics wise, but since patch it has been a little weird.

Here are my specs:-

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+
RAM 3.2 GB
OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit
VIDEO CARD GeForce GTX 260

Here are two images with everything is fine

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/image001oc.jpg/
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1525/image002iy.jpg

And are is two faulty ones

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9030/image003yhp.jpg
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8623/image004cx.jpg

So as you can see the character's pictures are darker on the second set of pictures.

So has anyone else had this problem? Is this a bug since everything was fine before patch or is it something else and can you help me? Thank you.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that everything else graphics wise is fine.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Is this a graphics bug?
02-12-2010, 10:11 PM
bumping this thread for an answer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Actually I have the same problem, the images seem to be either too dark or overexposed after the patch. I tried adjusting the settings on monitor and gfx card but it doesn't seem to change the game much. Hopefully they will fix it with the new patch tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Dark Screens after patches...
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
When I have encountered this issue I go to the video options and click the brightness setting up and back and it clears it up. Your mileage may vary....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei_Tenshi
Actually I have the same problem, the images seem to be either too dark or overexposed after the patch. I tried adjusting the settings on monitor and gfx card but it doesn't seem to change the game much. Hopefully they will fix it with the new patch tonight.
Not to be funny, but I'm glad it isn't just me with this problem. I thought it was my graphics card. But when I asked a friend who works in computer maintenance said if it was a graphics card issue it would affect more, then just what those pictures show. So that was a relief. Hopefully Cryptic will fix it although it's not a huge issue I'd rather fix the Borg Hunt mission first.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 11:22 PM
And now it's starting to affect ground missions as well as space missions. When are Cryptic going to fix this or even respond to people's queries about this?

Love the game and everything, but I'm starting to get frustrated with the lack of customer/developer support.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Im having this same issue, restarting the game fixed it for a short time but when I warped into another sector block the characters went back to being dark again, as If they are standing in the shadows.

I've tried changing various graphics settings but no results so far. Would be nice to get a reply on here about a possible fix.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Well Shadow of Intent I've made a ticket about the bug so hopefully Cryptic will answer eventually although I don't hold out much hope since my other ticket has been outstanding for the last ten days. As I've mentioned in a previous post great game, but extremely poor customer services.

I wonder if they have a priority system i.e. lifers first than everyone second? If that is the case, then maybe a life time sub could make a ticket about this issue and let's try to get it fixed in another patch.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Still not fixed >.>
03-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Well it's been nearly a month since I reported this problem and yet Cryptic STILL haven't fixed it yet. Is this ever going to get fixed? And even more worrying it seems to have disappeared from my ticket section. I guess they're never going to fix it
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2010, 02:21 PM
I'll look into the status on this issue, but rest assured it is on an internal ticket and is being investigated.

Thanks for the heads up!