Lt. Commander
I have played through the demo and am trying to upgrade my account so I can continue. Really enjoyed the demo and cant wait to get into more of the game.

In "My Account" I click "ADD" on the MMO Payment Methods section. It takes me to a page to add credit card details but when I select save it says "Could not find a currency for this transaction".

Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I need to do to upgrade my demo version to a full account?

*edit* Didnt see the thread below mine, it mentions that you can purchase through steam. How does it work If you purchase through Steam, do you need to re-download the game again through steam or do you get a code that can be used in your STO account settings to upgrade your account?

*edit* I purchased the game through Steam, downloading through Steam was NOT required (phew). A CD Key was given by Steam and I have now upgraded my account.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Did you purchase the game? If not, you'll need the retail key that comes with the game to get a subscription and play.

If that isn't the issue, then I really don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
could try a game card. they're good for 2 months at a time