Lt. Commander
# 1 Recruiting Fleets?
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Any Fleets out there that are recruiting that dont require a person to join a web-site and it's forums copy and paste some application for em? I'm currently looking for a fleet that hits the instances or raids. I have a RA5 Tac Officer and a Commander 9 Science Officer I'm looking for a home for em. Also 1 Klingon now sure if I wanna keep that toon tho.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 05:54 AM
I would like to know as well. I now have a Lt. Commander 1 Science captain after my Tactical Officer hit Admiral. I have been playing Star Trek Online since the game launched.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2010, 06:42 AM
The serious fleets pretty much all have websites and some sort of application procedure, if you don't want to go through that then you might be better off asking for a fleet in-game and accept the first invite you get. :-s

If you change your mind and don't mind joining a fleets forum then please consider the 12th fleet. We're a fun casual fleet with a large active community of over 180 members spread 50/50 over the USA/EU.
Gathering a STF team shouldn't cost you too much trouble in the fleet.

For more information check the link above.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
The serious fleets pretty much all have websites and some sort of application procedure, if you don't want to go through that then you might be better off asking for a fleet in-game and accept the first invite you get. :-s
I think the problem is it seems most fleets advertising wants you to spend more time on their externals than the game. I've been reading through many of the sites looking for a fleet, and most of them sooner or later have a post that says "rejected" because the guy didn't post fast enough or x many times in a week.

So, is there a fleet that doesn't require my first born to be sacrificed, no boot camp, and actually wants to play the game for fun?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Check out the knights Templar fleet. We are a 21+ casual fleet with a vent server. We have a forum and the only requirement is just post a quick application nothing extreme. Here is the link to our site Here
good luck,
Pog
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 05:18 PM
At Aurora Fleet, we do have a simple applicatin process, but it primarily to make it more fun, and for us to get to know you a little before we add you to our ranks. I assure the process is painless. We do not ask you to fill out a form. We do not ask for any personal information. Nor do you have to play "x" amount of hours or spend a large part of your free time frequenting our forums.

We have members that have been with us for months that rarely post in our forums. Our goal is to enhance your STO experience, not take over your game time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerjrj View Post
I think the problem is it seems most fleets advertising wants you to spend more time on their externals than the game. I've been reading through many of the sites looking for a fleet, and most of them sooner or later have a post that says "rejected" because the guy didn't post fast enough or x many times in a week.

So, is there a fleet that doesn't require my first born to be sacrificed, no boot camp, and actually wants to play the game for fun?
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you look a little more closely at the fleets in this forum. Many do ask you to register for a website, but mainly to show them that you understand that they respect each other and the rest of the community. Having a fleet also website makes organization for events like fleet actions much easier.

For example, in The Shadows, http://www.shadows-sto.com., we ask you to read our charter before applying. This is because we want you to know that we take respect for others seriously, so griefers, min-maxers, and loot hogs need not apply. There really isn't much more to it than that. If you want to discuss on the forums, great; on the other hand, many members have only one post- their application.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishka
This is a real statement, you can get into a fly-by-night fleet or take some time and be a serious, community orientated team player and join the ranks of a established well organized fleet .
Lt. Commander
Expendable Heroes – Endgame Fleet –
Want to join a fleet that isn’t another version of facebook? Expendable Heroes is recruiting players who want to progress though the STF content without spending 10min every pull AFK.

We clear infected in 45min, Cure in 52min, KA in 2hrs 45min and Terra 2hrs 32min

We pride ourselves on quick clean run and try our best to eeek out every little bit of extra out of characters.

We don’t have 180+ members but we do have 30+ active members and raid everynight at 6:30pst.

We have vent,website and so on 18+ age requirement, Msg: @demonsunder or @happa or @folds for more information or a trial invite.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerjrj View Post

Oh you misunderstood me there. What I meant is that a lot of fleets do have webpages and an active forum community as well. And you mostly have to fill in some sort of application.

In the case of the 12th fleet we value in-game time over out-game time. We're a casual friendly fleet and real life is more important to us then the game. We are doing activity checks every 2 weeks but that's just a simply check to see if somebody is still playing the game and if not they can get placed on an inactive roster. We don't boot people from the fleet for going inactive though and getting back on the active roster only requires a forum PM or in-game mail that notifies us that you're active again. Or a whisper to a high ranked member would work already too.

We require people to fill in an application since it's a good way to scan for potential drama makers and filter those out. We also like to know what somebody is interested in so we can see where they fit best in the fleet.