Lt. Commander
# 101
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denster View Post
Why is it other sites get exclusive screenshots before this one does?
It's public relations. By releasing "exclusive" screenshots to general gaming-news sites, this can stir up excitement in gamers who might not already know a lot about the game.

Us here, we're already as excited about Star Trek Online as we can get. It would be "preaching to the choir", as the saying goes.

The screens will show up on this site eventually (they almost always do), but for now, the screens are intended to promote the game to those poor, unfortunate souls who don't already know about STO

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Nice. The graphic quality in the screenshots continues to improve. As someone already mentioned, the ship name looks completely wrong; hopefully that was just something they added as a fun afterthought, and not how it will actually appear in the game.

I still have a big problem with the buildings. In the screenshot with the klingons, the building has big flat blue panels on it, and the tower in the background has blue stripes. It doesn't look realistic or even stylized - it looks like something out of Tron.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
My only concern after looking at all of the shots closely is the Klingon NPC's. I am hoping Cryptic does not do what it did with CoH in regard to NPC Mobs all looking exactly the same.

It was one of the major reason I quit playing CoH and went full time to WoW.
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleum View Post

Which begs the question.. is it a purely NPC vessel or if we roll an Orion character will we be able to usethe Orion ship?
Originally, I was thinking players would only get to command Klingon Ships. However, given the larger variety of Starfleet Ships compared to Klingon ships, I can see Orion, Gorn, and Naussican ships being added to the Klingon Fleet roster to even out the numbers (or they simply wont allow all the Fed ships to be available).
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Freaking amazing!!! Looks great!!
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Akira diffidently good job thumbs up
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-05-2009, 08:28 PM
I really liked these screenshots, especially the ones having to do with the ships. Im in aggreance with Wardog00 that those Kilngons looked a little too similar but this being in so very early in development I still have faith that the NPCs will be randomly generated(within set races) by time the game is ready for release.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks for taking the time to tell us about the game even further. Also I realy love the screne shots.
OH boy I can barely wait for the game to come out.
Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-05-2009, 09:23 PM
That sounds like a very fun episode to play through, though I'd like to see fed players sometimes getting a mission that can be completed without firing a single shot.

I do have a bit of an issue with the "at the ready" Klingons. They need to have weapons in their hands as all Kilngon warriors would when on guard (and often when not).

Also that room with the greeen smoke. Where is it supposed to be? It looks a lot like a Malon ship to me.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-05-2009, 09:36 PM
The pictures are improving in the depth of field, lighting effects on the vessels. The Klingon warriors look a bit flat and not quite filled out enough for a more 3D look. This Episodic adventure will prove to be interesting.