Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2009, 10:55 AM
I love the picture of the Akira, escaping from an exploding planetoid. I would love to see the video of that!

And that tidbit of what episodic content will be like.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
I see exactly why Craig was so excited about the AKIRA Class. It's absolutely lovely, and a great example of a faithfully recreated design from televised Trek.

The only critique I'd make - the ship's name, Cryptic, appears to be a little outsized on the saucer. Is that designed so that the player, and other players, can see the name at a glance? Is it mean to be lacking both the moniker "USS" as well as a registry number, "NCC-12345"?

The Klingons looks very nice, with great textural detail for the different items making up a warriors' dress. These Klingons look a little bit more, I'd say, like the Klingons from The Undiscovered Country and the late 23rd Century, and notice the mid-24th Century Starfleet logo!

Here's a question: though the Orion Syndicate is clearly operated in whole or in part by the Orions, has Cryptic made a story decision whether the Orion government - such as it may exist, and which has aligned with the Klingons - is separate in any substantive way from the Orion Syndicate, and whether or not the Orion Syndicate's criminal operations have been absorbed into the alliance with the Klingons in some way? And how do the Klingons feel about all that?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
Those are very high detailed screenshots, but we don't know for sure how much detail we are going to see in the game itself, we don't all have super graphics cards.. Its nice to hope for such great things though.
All the more reason for me to consult my finicial advisor when ordering my puter this summer ....

cha-ching !

(looks like I will be doing a few extra lawns or something ... got to earn a little extra scratch ... I can see that comming right now ! )

WOO HOO !

Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
Zam.com has five exclusive shots with special commentary from Craig Zinkievich. Go check them out!

Then, tell us what you think.
holy crap, thats so awesome, i so cant wait to play STO

(hugs Awen)
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2009, 11:00 AM
[Deleted by the user, as multiple threads on this topic were merged.]
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinC-UFPForces-Cardassia View Post
The only critique I'd make - the ship's name, Cryptic, appears to be a little outsized on the saucer. Is that designed so that the player, and other players, can see the name at a glance? Is it mean to be lacking both the moniker "USS" as well as a registry number, "NCC-12345"?
That would be my only gripe about the Akira. It really is such a little thing so it shouldn't really bother me any. The way I figure it though, if you're any real distance away from another ship, you're not going to see the name painted on the hull anyways, no matter how big the letters are. So there would have to be something in the User Interface telling you what ship you're looking at and so on. So why not just make the name and registry number as they are normally seen, and let the UI tell you what the ship name is.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2009, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked1701 View Post
Have you guys seen these yet?
No, I hadn't. Thank you very much for that link. ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
The episodic content is sounding better and better. Nice pics too; good to see an Orion ship at last
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the info on the new screen shots Awen, gotta admit looking really good indeed. Especially the shots of the Akira class getting away from a planet in the middle of exploding on high impulse, and the deep space shot with the Akira class in it (USS Cryptic), the detail is awesome.

Also like the shot of the Klingon assualt team, trying to sabotage what looks like a federation outpost.

Again i am really impressed from what i've seen,each time you send screen shots out, they keep getting better and better all the time. Keep up the good work guys, doing a great job.

Really can't wait fir this to come out for console now!!
I hope you announce which conolse you are developing for soon.
(Hoping XBOX 360)
Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracked1701 View Post
That would be my only gripe about the Akira. It really is such a little thing so it shouldn't really bother me any. The way I figure it though, if you're any real distance away from another ship, you're not going to see the name painted on the hull anyways, no matter how big the letters are. So there would have to be something in the User Interface telling you what ship you're looking at and so on. So why not just make the name and registry number as they are normally seen, and let the UI tell you what the ship name is.
it could be for advertising purpose ... the name Cryptic is very easily seen.

good shots though.