Lt. Commander
# 1 Sick And Tired
05-14-2010, 06:15 PM
I am sick and tired of getting into a party with 5 people to do the admiral missions and the entire team cant even kill one thing we final killed 1 tactical cube in KA i thought that u put the difficulty slider in there to make it better i tell you what u should do is make it easier on those missions when i was leader of the party and i had the game set to the default setting for the difficulty level from the way it was when i started this game i love sto i love star trek but cryptic really needs to scale the difficulty level back for those mission in the easier setting
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterprise-1701-E View Post
I am sick and tired of getting into a party with 5 people to do the admiral missions and the entire team cant even kill one thing we final killed 1 tactical cube in KA i thought that u put the difficulty slider in there to make it better i tell you what u should do is make it easier on those missions when i was leader of the party and i had the game set to the default setting for the difficulty level from the way it was when i started this game i love sto i love star trek but cryptic really needs to scale the difficulty level back for those mission in the easier setting
The difficulty slider doesn't affect the STFs, I believe. They are just hard, from what I hear. I've not played them yet though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-14-2010, 06:32 PM
there a pain in the back side it is like playing with the difficulty level at max
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Cryptic has always prematurely jumped every time a basement dweller has cried it's too easy.
This is why STF are borked
This is what caused the War on fun in CO

They really need to understand that not everything that is whined about on these forums is for realz.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-14-2010, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
Cryptic has always prematurely jumped every time a basement dweller has cried it's too easy.
This is why STF are borked
This is what caused the War on fun in CO

They really need to understand that not everything that is whined about on these forums is for realz.
From what I hear, the waves and waves and waves of enemies in the STFs are insane. Have you played them?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
From what I hear, the waves and waves and waves of enemies in the STFs are insane. Have you played them?
They are basically frustrating zerg fest
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm_dragon View Post
They are basically frustrating zerg fest
This is true
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Don't they take like 3 hours to do, while requiring that all 5 players stay committed to a 3 hour zerg fest. I imagine that it's difficult to complete one. Please tell me you get more than an engine battery.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2010, 07:25 PM
It's all about knowing your team and knowing what needs to be done to complete the STFS

Infected can be done in less than an hour, our fleet goes for time trials there all the time, and we can do it because we all work together and compliment each others skills/kits.

Cure is just a pain, but again, you need to know how to run and who to run with.

KA was a beast when we finished it the first time. I think we edged 3.5 hours but that was mostly because we were wary of the mission bugging out and the final ship at the end is built to defend against pure dps. After a few more runs we're able to figure out the best way take it down.

You just REALLY need to know your stuff, as well as your teammates in order to attempt, much less complete any STF
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2010, 08:01 PM
dude i know my whole team we have been friends and playing games together for years so i KNOW my team it is just they have made the stuff to insanely hard