Lt. Commander
# 21
05-20-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
So much for Rodenberry believing that all cultures could one day find peace and redeem themselves.

Or the episodes where Borg were freed and still managed to be less annoying than Wesley:
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/I_Borg_%28episode%29
Honestly its a pretty dream, but a non-realistic one none-the-less.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post
The Borg are the Enemy. Period.
Hugh, Seven of Nine and all those effected by Unimatrix Zero may disagree with you there...
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
Hugh and Seven of Nine may disagree with you there...
Seven of Nine - proof the Borg can use spandex better than Deanna Troi.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-20-2010, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Seven of Nine - proof the Borg can use spandex better than Deanna Troi.
I dunno about that... was just watching First Contact and Nemesis last night. Deanna is like a fine wine... she got better with age. Personally, I think she's one hot number in uniform vs. Seven of Nine in the spandex.

I still wouldn't let her pilot my ship though :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-20-2010, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Hugh, Seven of Nine and all those effected by Unimatrix Zero may disagree with you there...
Yeah, and I'm sure there were some really nice Nazis too.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-20-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
And all of those were "liberated" ( meaning no longer part of the collective) Borg.... :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
And all of those were "liberated" ( meaning no longer part of the collective) Borg.... :p
Not entirely true. Those impacted by Unimatrix Zero were still part of the Collective.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Well, if you make a playable Borg faction/race, then at least this would stop players from complaining cannot get their hands on a Borg Captain (exclusive benefit of early Lifetime Subscription, offer now closed)...

I personally predict that after the Klingons, Romulans, the next playable race would be the Borg faction...

And STO/Cryptic would probably place this Borg faction under a new STO Expansion, where everyone have to pay extra to play (even Lifetime Subscribers will have to pay more)...

Just my 2 cents...
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-20-2010, 10:41 AM
I still say they should just open up the Borg Tech for the "Alien" character type.

Then you can have a character that looks just like a Borg!

Of course, this requires you to have a "backstory" for your character. For instance:

Quote:
Assimilated when he was a baby, Anthony grew to know the Borg as his only family. Upon exiting his maturation chamber, the queen knew he was more than an average drone. Assigned directly to Unimatrix One, he was given the designation One of Ten, tertiary adjunct.

Liberated by a Starfleet vessel at age 23, he quickly adopted a solitary life. Even after the 5 years free, he still has a difficult time fitting in with "free minds". Preferring solitude, his friends are little to none.

Anthony joined Starfleet shortly after being liberated. He breezed through the courses with no difficulty; however, the same could not be said of his transition to humanity.

Written up on more occasions than can be counted, Anthony has the distinction of being the most penalized student ever to attend the academy. Even now, he frequently receives complaints about his lack of 'understanding' and 'empathy'.

Once free from the academy, he was given a small position on the U.S.S. Khitomer as a team leader to the night shift security team. Once the Borg attack, he was quickly given a field commission of Lieutenant, and subsequently promoted and given a command of his own.

Now he complies with his superiors, regardless of his thoughts. And no longer is he troubled by what he calls "humanities shortcomings", though mild frustrations surface from time-to-time. His crew has grown to accept his "eccentric" behavior, to a point where they will fight tooth and nail against a transfer. Due to this, and other important factors, whatever ship is being commanded by Anthony that ship is the "place to be".
This is my character's back story, of course he is a liberated Borg but if the implants were open to the "Alien" then, just like magic, my "Alien" is a Borg!
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Borg faction: take all races from all current factions, and all non-faction races as well, and make assimilated Borg versions that are highly customizable. Missions? To assimilate! The races you assimilate become you BOs. Heh.

I'd rather see Romulans, Cardassians, and Ferengi factions first. And I'd really love a Dominion faction.