Lt. Commander
# 1 Veteran rewards?
05-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Okay, first of all, please forgive me if this question has been asked before (and I have a feeling it has) and for the obvious noob tone of my question. However, I will not tolerate stupid somophoric remarks from those of you who obviously haven't moved out of your parents' home in your late 20's and haven't even kissed a girl in your lives. So here it goes ...

About 3 weeks ago, Cryptic promised veteran players all sorts of rewards, including C-store points and such, for players who've been here for some time and were going to make such rewards retroactive and such. I've been playing STO since it went open-beta on Feb.2 and, for the life of me, I can't find my rewards anywhere. What gives? And where are they?

Thank you for your polite candor and helpfulness with your answers.

Do take care ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Will go live with the 1.2 patch.
Hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Thumbs Up
05-20-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpetey View Post
However, I will not tolerate stupid somophoric remarks from those of you who obviously haven't moved out of your parents' home in your late 20's and haven't even kissed a girl in your lives. So here it goes ...

Do take care ...
Eheh! 10 points. Made my day.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Quote:
About 3 weeks ago, Cryptic promised veteran players all sorts of rewards, including C-store points and such, for players who've been here for some time and were going to make such rewards retroactive and such. I've been playing STO since it went open-beta on Feb.2 and, for the life of me, I can't find my rewards anywhere. What gives? And where are they?

Do take care ...
This question is something many of us have been asking for days now. We don't know anymore than you, unfortunately.

That said, it would most likely appear when Season 1.2 is released (which makes it slightly late for some of us).
Quote:
Okay, first of all, please forgive me if this question has been asked before (and I have a feeling it has) and for the obvious noob tone of my question. However, I will not tolerate stupid somophoric remarks from those of you who obviously haven't moved out of your parents' home in your late 20's and haven't even kissed a girl in your lives. So here it goes ...
Not sure if you realized this but the snarky comment is only going to flame-bait people and seems rather ironic given your desire to not have childish comments.

It reminds me of a Frankie Boyle clip where he says Scottish people are unfriendly:
A heckler shouts out: "No, we're not. You liar!"
To which he responds: "Can you not see how you're undermining your own argument there?"

Plus, since when do I have to kiss girls?
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Quote:
However, I will not tolerate stupid somophoric remarks from those of you who obviously haven't moved out of your parents' home in your late 20's and haven't even kissed a girl in your lives.
Is the type of remark you are talking about like the remark I have quoted?

PS
My mother kicked me out when I was 18, you can ask my wife and she will confirm this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Quote:
However, I will not tolerate stupid somophoric remarks from those of you who obviously haven't moved out of your parents' home in your late 20's and haven't even kissed a girl in your lives..
Somophoric? That's a new one on me

Did you mean sophomoric? It's a common Freshman mistake.

Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 06:53 AM
sophmoric = "soft moronic" spelled incorrectly
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
When most people leave home, they learn how to SEARCH for things effectively if they haven't already. Otherwise, you can easily find yourself to be lost.

Seriously, starting out a post like that is just inviting the type of responses he's claiming he does not want.

Devs, get diplomacy missions in this game. People need it more than I thought.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:

Yep been asked - you obviously do not know, so I'll tell you, the forum(s) has a search utility. Oh! By the way the only thing your arrogant wording and assumption is good for is flame bait.

Many people leave home then return and stay or live nearby for many reasons. In my case, leaving home at 17 to go into a career was one of the best things I ever did, returning to be of aid to disabled parents was another.

/yawn! Wanna, wanna, wanna! You cannot find the vet rewards as issue of them has yet to commence. (Seemples .. tch! (ref UK TV ad.))

We all love polite candor, just like yours.

Do take care ...

Arrogance is nothing if not followed up correctly! I see you know that already - well done.
/Tin Cars!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 05:09 PM
So the person with a brain damage is the only one to answer this question while the rest of you go on some mini rage... Ooooooook. :p