Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
05-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Well I am looking for a new Bridge Officer since the new Borg one isn't much to look at.
Lt. Commander
I have to say Megan Fox was the highlight to watching a dull slow story and made it worth something, The second movie was horrific, I am suprised they would give them a chance at a third, especially without Megan Fox. I am Loyal to my wife Megan Fox :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Say, anyone remember a month or so ago when we had that mysterious thing shoot out of the sky over the midwest? I showed that to my kids, and told them that Bumblebee had finally showed up on Earth. They still keep asking if we can go look for him.

I am so mean :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-20-2010, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Say, anyone remember a month or so ago when we had that mysterious thing shoot out of the sky over the midwest? I showed that to my kids, and told them that Bumblebee had finally showed up on Earth. They still keep asking if we can go look for him.

I am so mean :p
At least you didn't do what I did to my nephew.

When he was five, he was in town just in time to see a meteor storm, which we got a telescope and watched. After that, I had him absolutely convinced for at least the next couple of months that aliens had landed in Washington, DC (at the time my sister lived in Baltimore, I live in Louisville, and the meteor storm was in the northeastern sky) and were looking for him. Had him literally begging my brother-in-law to check to make sure the aliens hadn't come for him yet before he could go to sleep.

Every. Night. For the next two months.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-20-2010, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
At least you didn't do what I did to my nephew.

When he was five, he was in town just in time to see a meteor storm, which we got a telescope and watched. After that, I had him absolutely convinced for at least the next couple of months that aliens had landed in Washington, DC (at the time my sister lived in Baltimore, I live in Louisville, and the meteor storm was in the northeastern sky) and were looking for him. Had him literally begging my brother-in-law to check to make sure the aliens hadn't come for him yet before he could go to sleep.

Every. Night. For the next two months.
lol, it sounds like you and I could get along real well.
When I was a single father for a while, I had my oldest son convinced that I hatched him from an egg. I told him that I found an egg and brought it home, tucked it in a blanket, and sat on it till he hatched. Ahh, 3 year olds believe anything, and then go to daycare and repeat it all.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
lol, it sounds like you and I could get along real well.
When I was a single father for a while, I had my oldest son convinced that I hatched him from an egg. I told him that I found an egg and brought it home, tucked it in a blanket, and sat on it till he hatched. Ahh, 3 year olds believe anything, and then go to daycare and repeat it all.
Neither you nor I are as bad as my dad.

He had me convinced at a young age that I wasn't his biological son. See, when a kid is born, they're taken to the nursery, then the father traditionally gives them their first bath, right? He had me convinced that he'd simply gone into the nursery, been asked, "Which one is yours?" said something to the effect of, "I dunno, they all look the same to me!" and asked the nurse to just give him the dirtiest kid in the nursery, and that turned out to be me.

As for my nephew, my dad was the one who taught him to empty all the drawers in my sister's kitchen onto the floor. Literally open the drawers, take out all the cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc. and lay them all out on the floor. Just for laffs.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-20-2010, 06:27 AM
You evil evil pair ..................where do i sign up :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Neither you nor I are as bad as my dad.

He had me convinced at a young age that I wasn't his biological son. See, when a kid is born, they're taken to the nursery, then the father traditionally gives them their first bath, right? He had me convinced that he'd simply gone into the nursery, been asked, "Which one is yours?" said something to the effect of, "I dunno, they all look the same to me!" and asked the nurse to just give him the dirtiest kid in the nursery, and that turned out to be me.

As for my nephew, my dad was the one who taught him to empty all the drawers in my sister's kitchen onto the floor. Literally open the drawers, take out all the cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc. and lay them all out on the floor. Just for laffs.
It sounds like he enjoys being a grandpa, lol

On to other fun, when I was in the Navy, the clinic I worked at in Newport, RI, would send noobies over to the hospital to get felopian tube clamps for an emergency extraction of wisdom teeth on a patient. You would be suprised (or not) at how many people fell for this one, lol (not me, my mom was a nurse, I found her sexual reproduction books once ) They would be over there for hours, trying to locate these nonexistent clamps.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-20-2010, 07:32 AM
It could be much worse.

My dad asked the new person at work to fetch a pot of striped paint once, as they were running out. Even got an old pot of piant and made it stripey by putting in some other paint.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-20-2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
It could be much worse.

My dad asked the new person at work to fetch a pot of striped paint once, as they were running out. Even got an old pot of piant and made it stripey by putting in some other paint.
Niiiice.