How could I forget her.. The perfect Woman

Thinks to when she played that Blonde haired one in SG1

Melts
between her and 7 of 9...
rawr
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-20-2010, 06:14 AM
TOS: Uhura, for taking what should have been the worst role in any show ("Space Receptionist") and being positively spellbinding in it. Scotty is a very close second. Loved Scotty.

TNG: I didn't really care for any of them. So I'll go with my wife's favorite, Tasha Yar. Until her death, which was just embarassing.

DS9: Garak, for taking what would have been the second worst role in any show ("Space Tailor") and being completely unforgettable in it.

Voyager: The Doctor. Probably my favorite Trek character period. Clever concept, excellent execution.

ENT: Tough call, but probably Hoshi. Another clever concept character. But could have been better done. But she get gets huge bonus points for Empress Hoshi. Honorable mention: Porthos.

The New Movie: Scotty. Probably the one who looked the least like his original, but Simon Pegg was hysterical.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
TOS: Uhura, for taking what should have been the worst role in any show ("Space Receptionist") and being positively spellbinding in it. Scotty is a very close second. Loved Scotty.

TNG: I didn't really care for any of them. So I'll go with my wife's favorite, Tasha Yar. Until her death, which was just embarassing.

DS9: Garak, for taking what would have been the second worst role in any show ("Space Tailor") and being completely unforgettable in it.

Voyager: The Doctor. Probably my favorite Trek character period. Clever concept, excellent execution.

ENT: Tough call, but probably Hoshi. Another clever concept character. But could have been better done. But she get gets huge bonus points for Empress Hoshi. Honorable mention: Porthos.

The New Movie: Scotty. Probably the one who looked the least like his original, but Simon Pegg was hysterical.
Now what in the hell is wrong with being a receptionist?
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-20-2010, 06:19 AM
oooh this is a difficult one. alrighty i'll give this a try

TOS: Scotty, particularly once he started getting more screentime in the movies. Plus holding back Chekov when the Klingons were insulting Kirk but decking one when he dared mention the Enterprise was a classic.

TNG: Data, he did the most growing in that series. I found him to be daft to the point of being annoying during the first season but thankfully he grew out of that quickly (plus since i can't pick Picard his was also the eps that involved Picard quite a lot, so NER!)

DS9: I'm going to have to go with multiple characters here.

Garak; I always enjoyed an episode with Garak, even if i knew it'd mean he'd have a conversation with that insufferable Bashir. I liked his ideals, like never telling the truth when a lie suffices and that the truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Quark; Quark gets up to a lot of fun shenanigans. Usually involving other swesomely played Ferengi aswell, which brings me to my next one.

Ferengi in general; Liquidator Brunt, Grand Nagus Zek, Moogie, Cousin Gaila, Chairman Nilva, Eliminator Leck. All were awesome Ferengi. Sure in TNG the Ferengi sucked and waved their arms around like they were some unholy spawn of a pakled and a chimpanzee, but from DS9 onwards they were pure awesome. Definately a case of a trek species evolving in the right way.

VOY: I'm going to go against the grain here and go with Neelix. I liked his antics quite a bit and the episode where he returns to his home on Rinax was haunting, very remiscant of stories that came out of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. One of my all-time favourite eps.

ENT: Shran. When they cancelled Enterprise they should have made a new series based solely around Shran.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Dammit, now I'm really going to have to make a point of watching these series. I've caught most of TOS early on, but wasn't watching much TV when TNG and DS9 went through, mostly skipped VOY, and then saw pretty much all of Enterprise first-run.

At least, I'll get to it when I'm done with X-files (currently in season 7)...
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Big fan of a certain character archetype, are we?
I guess I am.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Q and Data.......always Data, without being human he held the best qualities of us within him. I got watery eyes when he blew up. His self sacrifice was so human.....Thank Trek he is back! I am so glad he doesn't ask so many questions.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-20-2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Q and Data.......always Data, without being human he held the best qualities of us within him. I got watery eyes when he blew up. His self sacrifice was so human.....Thank Trek he is back! I am so glad he doesn't ask so many questions.
I very much enjoyed Data's interactions with the rest of the crew. Data was very much a Starfleet officer, ready to give his life for his ship and crew, and I remember a number of occasions where he'd volunteer for an extremely dangerous job on the grounds that he was more resilient than a human and therefore suited for the task, and whichever senior officer he was with would typically refuse on the grounds that although he may be more resilient than the rest of the crew, he was no less valuable and no more expendable just because he was an android.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2010, 07:04 AM
TOS: Romulan Commander from Balance of Terror. With just one episode, they managed to make an in depth and memorable character, one who I personally wish we could have seen more of.

TNG: Has to be Q. So much that is memorable about that character. Any episode with him was a standout.

DS9: Early Dukat. I say this because, after he snapped and went all mental "rah rah Pah-wraiths!", he was actually an incredibly shrewed and intelligent counterpart to Sisko, and you were always left guessing whether he was being sincere or not right up until the end of the episode.

If they hadn't bothered with those Pah-wraiths, I could have seen Dukat leading the rebellion on Cardassia at the end. And how much different that would have been with Kira there helping Dekat, rather than Dumar.

VOY: Ensign Lon Suder. Seriously, this was probably the best character concept they had. A telepathic psychopath loose on a ship stranded tens of thousands of lightyears away from anywhere that justice would matter. And because Janeway takes the moral highground in not sentencing him to death, he has the chance later to save the ship and redeem himself. Of course, sacrificing himself in the process... but I thought the idea of a mental Hannibal Lecter being kept on the ship was pure gold.

ENT: T'Pol. Umm, no real reason here, as none of the characters really stood out to me, so I just picked her cuz she looked ultra hot in the MU uniforms.

JJTrek: Bones. The character kept most faithful to the original (seriously, big respect to the memory of De Kelly). Flip side, I'd agree with Scotty. Character taken the most liberty with, yet was incredibly funny.