Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
So who was your absolute fave villain? Khan, Soran, Nero? Who was your least fave? Why?
Do you have different ones for different series?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Khan in the Trek universe

But the all out bad guy has to be Emporer Palpatine just for that laugh, and the fact he holds his hands like Mr Burns.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Ooh, interesting.

I'd say my favorite villain would have to be Gul Dukat, mostly because while he started out as your stereotypical bad guy, he went through a vast character development that honestly made him seem like he was gonna turn into one of the good guys for a while. Then he went completely batsh*t insane, and got even more interesting. Easily the most developed Star Trek villain in the entire franchise.

As for the other series, I thoroughly enjoyed Q in TNG, because although he wasn't necessarily a villain, he played the antagonist often enough to qualify in my mind.

TOS, Khan. Too effective a villain to have competition.

VOY didn't really have a single recurring villain, so there I'd have to say "the crew." Since they seemed to get themselves into worse trouble than any recurring villain could've gotten them into.

ENT was kind of the same way, no single recurring villain that I can remember.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Gul Dukut is the best

if we went out side of trek id also include Scorpius and Mr.Mordan

least fav might be kai winn as she was just so annoying and corrupt. she played the part to perfection but i hate people like her
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 07:16 AM
I'd have to agree with Gul Dukat. There were times in the series where you could actually see his kinder side (almost wrote "human" there,) like when he went looking for his Bajoran mistress and daughter, or when he became the resistance fighter and actually got help from Kira.

He had depth, he had flair. He was all too insane...

Of course, I liked Damar as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Interesting nobody has mentioned the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Most Loved: Dukat. Holy crap. His character was so well written. Pretty much what everyone else said about him. I loved the ambiguity about his character. Like, you never really can tell what his deal really is. Is he good, is he bad? It's mostly left up to the viewer to decide. Plus he's incredibly sexy.

Most Hated: Kai Wynn. Ew. She turned my hatred of Bajorans into a genocidal rage. You know, that one when they blow up Keiko's school? Yeah.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MycroftHolmes View Post
Interesting nobody has mentioned the Borg.
Oh I hate the Borg Queen, too. She's disgusting. And she takes away your individuality. That's just beyond mean. But I hate her in the way that I like her to be around. The way I hate Kai Wynn is more like I wish she was never created.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Gul Dukat, that cardie was bats**t crazy, man!

for worst gotta be Sevrin from TOS. If there's one thing worse than a hippy, it's a space hippy! That might make me a Herbert, but atleast it doesn't make me dead after disregarding sensor readings!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
Most Loved: Dukat. Holy crap. His character was so well written. Pretty much what everyone else said about him. I loved the ambiguity about his character. Like, you never really can tell what his deal really is. Is he good, is he bad? It's mostly left up to the viewer to decide. Plus he's incredibly sexy.

Most Hated: Kai Wynn. Ew. She turned my hatred of Bajorans into a genocidal rage. You know, that one when they blow up Keiko's school? Yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
Oh I hate the Borg Queen, too. She's disgusting. And she takes away your individuality. That's just beyond mean. But I hate her in the way that I like her to be around. The way I hate Kai Wynn is more like I wish she was never created.
I agree with all of the above, except for the genocidal rage part. Also the "Dukat is sexy" part because I ain't like that. Usually.

But yeah, the "blow up the school" moment was one that really, really made me hate Kai Winn. Not cool, yo.