Lt. Commander
# 1 Release Notes?!?
05-20-2010, 09:17 AM
When I logged in last night, I got a new patch. Yet, the last release notes entry was May 13th. I thought they (the devs) were going to be more deligent about posting in the release notes area when they post new patches. That way, we know what was patched.

Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800lbGorilla
When I logged in last night, I got a new patch. Yet, the last release notes entry was May 13th. I thought they (the devs) were going to be more deligent about posting in the release notes area when they post new patches. That way, we know what was patched.

Am I missing something?
Read the release notes tab on the launcher itself. Its there. Just some fix on a bug I think.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2010, 09:32 AM
The release notes are used for major patches that change the game in some major way. Yesterday's patch was minor, it was like 20MB or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Irregardless... I'd still like to know what was changed. It helps if one needs to submit a bug report.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Just double checked. Its on the launcher and its on the release notes section of the actual website. The only place they didn't put it was this forum.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Irregardless... I'd still like to know what was changed. It helps if one needs to submit a bug report.
We'd all like to know, but we aren't entitled to know. Cryptic giving us release notes is a privilege we get. Besides if you need to submit a bug report it will be when you come across a bug, so the release notes shouldn't have any affect on that, unless you wait to report the bug at a later time which should never be done.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Besides if you need to submit a bug report it will be when you come across a bug, so the release notes shouldn't have any affect on that, unless you wait to report the bug at a later time which should never be done.
Incorrect. When I play STO, it is in a Window instead of full screen. I have a 24" monitor, so I can afford the extra space to keep the website up. If (when) I come across something that doesn't work (i.e. a bug), I have checked the release notes in the forum to see if it is something recently changed. I try to include that in the report. The more information you can give a debugger while they are investigating a bug, the quicker they can find a fix.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Irregardless is an illogical word. Please stop using it.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Pretty funny that you put up a link to an argument that concludes: "Use regardless instead."