Lt. Commander
# 11
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
Q,
because they didn't stick him in there enough. I always loved the way he toyed with Picard. And, he should have just destroyed the universe just because.
Well sh*t, he probably did, but we wouldn't realize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrano
yep, you're a red-head.
...this. Just... this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
I'm gonna have to agree with Erica. Dukat was the biggest let down character. But it started well before him going all Bajoran surgery. This was a man who believed in Cardassia, in his species' superiority. And what does he do? Turns it over to the Dominion. What a crock. Every appearance of Dukat was an episodic poker game, you never knew the cards he was holding, whether he was bluffing, or held the high hand, or what. But at no time, did he ever fold.

The moment those Dominion ships turned and headed toward Cardassia Prime, was the last time that he was worth anything.
remember he always talked about betraying the dominion, he saw it as a short term alliance. and his people were beaten at that point. the dominion gave his people strength. it might have a been a false position but cardassia became a power again.

i thought that was his best time when he joined the dominion. he became the villain of the piece, no more shades of grey. he would do anything, to get his power back, but thats all he really cared about, that and his daughter.

once he went nuts, thats when i lost interest a little in his character, but the dominion stuff was awesome
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Hmmm, the Ferengi race. They build them up as being ruthless, carnivorous...things (I was expecting something more like the reavers) and instead they are...naked mole rat/bat-eared goblins. They're snivelling, scumbag misogynists obsessed with money. These were supposed to be the "Klingons of TNG"? Wa-wa-wa-waaaaaaa...! More like unfunny comic relief.

Individual Ferengi were sometimes good characters (that Ferengi scientist who came up with metaphasic shielding, Quark, Grand Nagus Zek, Quark's moogie, to a much lesser extent Nog, etc.) but the introduction of the race was a tremendous FUBAR.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
Hmmm, the Ferengi race. They build them up as being ruthless, carnivorous...things (I was expecting something more like the reavers) and instead they are...naked mole rat/bat-eared goblins. They're snivelling, scumbag misogynists obsessed with money. These were supposed to be the "Klingons of TNG"? Wa-wa-wa-waaaaaaa...! More like unfunny comic relief.

Individual Ferengi were sometimes good characters (that Ferengi scientist who came up with metaphasic shielding, Quark, Grand Nagus Zek, Quark's moogie, to a much lesser extent Nog, etc.) but the introduction of the race was a tremendous FUBAR.
The Ferengi were slated to become the Federation's primary nemesis in TNG, but after the episode in which they were introduced, viewers hated them so much that the writers went back to the drawing board and came up with the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
1. Dukat, when he started the whole thing with the pah wraith order. That seemed simply too much. Even if it wasn't so out of character; he always wanted the Bajorans to love him and recognize his greatness - it was weird that he became more Bajoran to get there. He totally lost me when he did the plastic surgery and became Kai Winn's lover.

2. Borg Queen. The Borg were awesome as a faceless enemy. The concept of the queen took it away from them. They had already seen that one voice to speak for them wasn't the key to victory. Locutus failed. It was illogical that they still tried with a queen instead of dropping the idea and trying something else.

3. Sisko accepting and liking the role as emissary. He of all people should have realized that the 'prophets' were just wormhole aliens. Nothing wrong with his change to start calling Bajor home; its a nice planet and its believable that a human wants to live there. But the entire religion was too much.

4. Damar's death. Damar is one of the most interesting character developments in DS9 for me. That he died basically in a street brawl, before reaching his goal after all the sacrifices - his family, his prejudice - was a major let down. Cardassia was left without the Trek-glimpse of hope; no new leader, all in ruins. I would have wanted a scene where a nameless young soldier picks up Damar's weapon and finishes his plan, just to show the sacrifices were not for nothing, and had impact on the Cardassian people.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
1. V'ger. Seriously? Something made at the Jet Propulsion Labs in Pasadena turned into that?

2. Kira and Odo. Eww.

3. The way they handled Saavik. I get that a change in actors sometimes does bad things to characters, but it just seemed...well, off. And they never did anything on film with her again, after STIII.

4. Spock, and the Valeris mind-meld thing in the Undiscovered Country. Spock, really? Isn't that akin to mind-****?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Seriously? The Romulans in that one episode of TNG. I mean they show up with this HUGE starship and stare down Picard only to say "It wasn't us and, uh, oh yeah...We're Back" and then slink away. WTF?
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2010, 12:30 PM
When the pa-wraith soulkilled Jadzia Dax.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Yeah cause the actress wanted to leave to become a mother

They could have worked that into the show
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
Yeah cause the actress wanted to leave to become a mother

They could have worked that into the show