Lt. Commander
# 21
05-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I'd say Dukat was the biggest let down, he started out great and then ended up running some snivelling backwards bajoran cult with Kai Winn.

I also think Damar should have gotten a better end.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
Yeah cause the actress wanted to leave to become a mother

They could have worked that into the show
What I heard (in an interview) was she knew the series was over after one more year and wanted to move on to another series (her son was not born until 2002 or 2003). She had a solid offer to be a lead on "Becker" that would not have waited another year (she ended up leaving that show to be a full time wife and mother in 2002).
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Angelous.****.
The Borg, they had so many damn chances to win.

100 Tactical Cubes vs Earth = Borg Victory. OK so 1-3 cubes is all it would logicically take to accumulate one planet, but why the hell are they sending the logical amount when they clearly know the Fed's always come up with a way to trump it? Overkill, Overkill, its all about Overkill, that's how you deal with humanity.

You'd think one of thoughs billions of mind they've got would be smart enough to figure it out.
Sending 100 Cubes to do the job of 3 would have been inefficient.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I dunno this isnt offical trek stuff... but that guy playing kirk in that star trek new voyages fan thingy really irritates me...
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
2. Borg Queen. The Borg were awesome as a faceless enemy. The concept of the queen took it away from them. They had already seen that one voice to speak for them wasn't the key to victory. Locutus failed. It was illogical that they still tried with a queen instead of dropping the idea and trying something else.
This to me was the biggest let down.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
For me it was probably Tom Paris.

When Janeway went to recruit this rebel bad-boy pilot from Prison. I kind of expected him to be, you know, cool. and Rebelious. James Dean, Han Solo, that sort of thing. The kind of guy who'd never fit into Starfleet but was such an amazing pilot they'd give him leeway. My kind of character.

What we got...was none of that really. If we weren't constantly reminded he was a bad-boy no one would have noticed.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dielaughing
I dunno this isnt offical trek stuff... but that guy playing kirk in that star trek new voyages fan thingy really irritates me...
LOL, for some reason both him and the guy who plays bones remind me of Ben Affleck.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
For me it was probably Tom Paris.

When Janeway went to recruit this rebel bad-boy pilot from Prison. I kind of expected him to be, you know, cool. and Rebelious. James Dean, Han Solo, that sort of thing. The kind of guy who'd never fit into Starfleet but was such an amazing pilot they'd give him leeway. My kind of character.

What we got...was none of that really. If we weren't constantly reminded he was a bad-boy no one would have noticed.
Signed. From that point of view, add the entire Maquis crew. They all were way too starfleety way too soon. I remember a scene when Chakotay finds out that Seska was a Cardassian spy, and he asked Tuvok: "So you were a Starfleet spy, she was a Cardassian spy... Did anyone of my crew not spy on me?" like its the funniest thing ever. *head desk*
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
Signed. From that point of view, add the entire Maquis crew. They all were way too starfleety way too soon. I remember a scene when Chakotay finds out that Seska was a Cardassian spy, and he asked Tuvok: "So you were a Starfleet spy, she was a Cardassian spy... Did anyone of my crew not spy on me?" like its the funniest thing ever. *head desk*
That was one of the funniest moments. I forgot about that.

But yeah, Maquis fit in entirely too fast.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-21-2010, 08:23 AM
Janeway was the biggest letdown for a captain ever. There was so much potential there that was wasted. Instead they had her act like a psychotic killer and demented captain.