Lt. Commander
mirror univers borg.
While the Borg in the Mirror Universe have the same hive-like mentality, the same assimilation methods, and the same advanced technology as their Federation universe counterparts, the similarity ends there. The Borg of the mirror universe are proactively nonaggressive and will not attack any race. the Borg will use every diplomatic resource at their disposal to convinc the race to assimilate in to the collectve . In addition, while the Borg of the Federation universe move in a jerky, stiff-legged fashion, those of the mirror universe are much quicker thanks to advances made in nanoprobe technology. Borg ships also differ in the mirror universe, as they are much larger. The cubes measure 10 kilometers or more on each, and they are equipped with a vast array of weapons that could easily destroy a Vor'cha class cruiser with a single shot. only if attked
dont know who came up with this but it may work
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Borg_(mirror)
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-20-2010, 02:04 AM
Do not make Borg a playable faction. Ever.

Individual liberated Borg are one thing. The Collective is another.

The Borg are the Enemy. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post

I agree....the same for the Undine,they also should NEVER be a playable faction...EVER! We need our enemies!
Besides that,a common foe is what we need if we ever want cross faction team up.:p
And to Cryptic,you might be against the whole idea of cross faction team up,but in a way it already happens...DSE in Borg space.Yes,I've been bad-mouthed for showing up as a KDF Klingon in those DSE's by some idiot Fed player,but most gladly accept my help against the Borg!And Fed players have returned the favor by helping me when needed.This is what Star Trek is about,not willingly create animosity between players of different factions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobe00 View Post

indeed, seconded.

Making them a whole playable faction would ruin the cosmic horror aspect.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Said in a previous thread.

With the whole hive mentality... How will missions work?
Another player is closer to the mission you have... With the hive mentality going on that mission will be given to that player and you... Will never leave the starter area.

It just doesn't make sense on how a playable borg could work.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Said in a previous thread.

With the whole hive mentality... How will missions work?
Another player is closer to the mission you have... With the hive mentality going on that mission will be given to that player and you... Will never leave the starter area.

It just doesn't make sense on how a playable borg could work.
see thats the thig it would be mirror universe borg .that leaves it open . they would be the opposite of the other Borg
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-20-2010, 03:43 AM
IMO, one Mirror Universe factions is enough (Terran Empire). I like the MU, but they belong only as an occasional adversary, not as a playable faction (especially the Borg, whose MU counterparts never appeared on any of the series).
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John0901
IMO, one Mirror Universe factions is enough (Terran Empire). I like the MU, but they belong only as an occasional adversary, not as a playable faction (especially the Borg, whose MU counterparts never appeared on any of the series).
exactly thats y it would be so open to interruption
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-20-2010, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
see thats the thig it would be mirror universe borg .that leaves it open . they would be the opposite of the other Borg
Very non canon MU borg.

Yes yes we got plenty of non canon stuff here... But Borg is Borg and should always be Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO_KillSwitch View Post
exactly thats y it would be so open to interruption
How so? If they are a playable faction, they would cease to be an occasional adversary, and Mirror Borg is a huuuge stretch canon-wise, something CBS would more than likely shoot down( I am assuming you meant "open to interpretation"?).