Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-21-2010, 09:16 PM
OP, as a Pre-Launch Lifetimer, I have no problem with my "exclusives" being available to others. However, the idea that you are entitled to it if you purchase the new lifetime deal, or that is unfair if Cryptic chooses not to offer it again, if silly and foolish.

I am happy for you that you got the Borg race by calling Cryptic for help, I hope you enjoy it greatly and have no hard feelings AT ALL, but I must admit to laughing at the use of "fair/unfair/etc." in both your post and those following it. It is a different deal. I am fine with Cryptic including my "exclusive" bonuses in future deals, but if they don't you have no right to complain.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
And here we go again. You are going in circles. There have been tons of posts addressing this issue with you. Both the terms Unique and Exclusive have been used to describe the MU uniforms. You ignore the ones marked "exclusive" (and no I won't link it to you, because it was already done in another thread and you can go look it up) and then choose what definition of Unique you want to use.

It is not your decision to make. It is Crytpic's. And it would be a bad one if they started giving everybody the exclusives others paid for.

Some people purchased several copies of the game for these items. It would be insulting to them.. just as it is insulting to the people who paid for the subscription in advance. We took a leap of faith in Cryptic to deliver a quality product. They will still make money from us on the C-store. It is not like we don't contribute any to their profit margin. In fact, i would say that lifers probably use less bandwidth, as we play more casually.. at a relaxed pace. They really don't lose out on us at all.

We are the only ones risking anything. And that faith was rewarded with Exclusive/Unique items.
I ignore nothing, The MU were labeled "unique" in reference to their type and not exclusivity, and when STO forum members challenged that offer the foot note was removed from the offer entirely, Items that were exclusive were labeled as such, the Bonus MU Uniforms were unique, because they were the only MU type of uniform introduced into the game. That in fact makes them "Unique" The definitions are factual in nature and not up for debate within the context of Cryptic advertisement. The debate offered would infer that Unique is singular and if that was the case only ONE set of uniforms would have been available (snow flake only ONE)for the whole player base and only ONE player would have been able to receive said singular uniform set. So that definition is out of context to the advertisement. I must not be explaining the information simple enough for you to comprehend and in that case I am sorry.

I offered as an example the "unique" NX registry it is not exclusive, because it is unique by type of registry that it is an"NX" and not an "NCC". Exclusivity is not about type it is about access to, or how it can be obtained through a single way. I am sorry the facts do not support you case for the MU offer, however they do support the case for the STO prelaunch lifetime investment offer. Some may regard that as consumer fraud, because at bare minimum the prelaunch lifetime offer has not paid for itself yet.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance
That in fact makes them "Unique" The definitions are factual in nature and not up for debate within the context of Cryptic advertisement. The debate offered would infer that Unique is singular and if that was the case only ONE set of uniforms would have been available (snow flake only ONE)for the whole player base and only ONE player would have been able to receive said singular uniform set. So that definition is out of context to the advertisement. I must not be explaining the information simple enough for you to comprehend and in that case I am sorry.
Back to colors...

Unique, as in unique offer. An offer that will not come again. A unique opportunity. A once in a lifetime offer. A unique bonus item.

The second it is offered as a free-for-all item... kind of removes the unique part.

You are just deciding which version of unique to accept.

My comprehension is fine. It is just my skills in lawyering up the context of something is not as astute as yours is. You are taking the definition of the word that suits YOUR meaning best and saying that it is the end all of truth. There can be many interpretations of how it is phrased. Perhaps this was intentional. This way, Cryptic can be legally covered no matter what they decide.

Once again, it is Cryptic's decision... not yours. Just accept this.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Back to colors...

Unique, as in unique offer. An offer that will not come again. A unique opportunity. A once in a lifetime offer. A unique bonus item.

The second it is offered as a free-for-all item... kind of removes the unique part.

You are just deciding which version of unique to accept.

My comprehension is fine. It is just my skills in Lawyering up the context of something is not as astute as yours is.

Once again, it is Cryptic's decision... not yours. Just accept this.

Unique was not tied to the offer that is a misconception and factually inaccurate, but "unique" does apply to the description of the item, I am going to stop explaining it, because I am speaking over your head, I did not select the definition the context of the written offer did. I just summarized that fact. I am sorry you just are missing the point of fact.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance
Unique was not tied to the offer that is a misconception and factually inaccurate, but "unique" does apply to the description of the item, I am going to stop explaining it, because I am speaking over your head, I did not select the definition the context of the written offer did. I just summarized that fact. I am sorry you just are missing the point of fact.
No are not speaking over my head. You are just twisting the words to your meaning.

Once again.. I will state this every time you speak to me,..because this is going over YOUR head.

here it is....

IN THE END IT IS CRYPTIC'S DECISION NOT YOURS.

That is the only fact on this whole board of posts about exclusives... no matter how much wordplay you offer.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Quote:
\

IN THE END IT IS CRYPTIC'S DECISION NOT YOURS.

That is the only fact on this whole board of posts about exclusives... no matter how much wordplay you offer.
I have already agreed to this fact at length, but for some reason you keep restating it. It is the one true fact you have presented to me. I agree. I have not twisted any words you just do not understand the definitions in context ( framework, circumstances, background, conditions, connection, frame of reference, lexicon, relation, situation, substance, text, vocabulary.) with the offer .
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I have already agreed to this fact at length, but for some reason you keep restating it. It is the one true fact you have presented to me. I agree. I have not twisted any words you just do not understand the definitions in context ( framework, circumstances, background, conditions, connection, frame of reference, lexicon, relation, situation, substance, text, vocabulary.) with the offer .
Once again, my framework is fine, you just won't accept any other possibilities, because of the vague nature of the wording.

IN THE END IT IS CRYPTIC'S DECISION NOT YOURS
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Once again, my framework is fine, you just won't accept any other possibilities, because of the vague nature of the wording.

IN THE END IT IS CRYPTIC'S DECISION NOT YOURS
Its the wording that indicates which definition applies, and the Marketing guys posts indicate that as well. They lay person such as yourself does not these definition are obviously outside your realm of conception, and comprehension, to see the facts as they are presented, so I will not go any further explaining it.
Thank you and good day sir.....
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
latest update ...I have Borg. Cryptic Cares after all.
This is AWESOME!

Guess who is gonna have a Galaxy X?!

Guess who will never have to be "duped" again?!

I mean did no one catch this?? Just wait until an "exclusive" is released, then "call billing" and get your item! No 5 recruits, no extra cash, just a phone call (or e-mail) and snap!

That is the AWESOME!

(Wonder if this thread gets deleted now? Marketing is gonna be angry.)
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-22-2010, 03:45 AM
rofl it worked
Closed Thread