Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Yeah...Im yelling. We should all have the two most popular voice comm programs installed on our computers. At the drop of a hat, we should be able to log in and participate with voice comms the minute itsdetermined another player in the group has a server to use.

PvP requires good coordination...Brig. Gen raids requires even better coordination. The coming war(if its worth its salt), will benefit from coordinated groups.

If you PvP, if you do group PvE content(raids, etc)...you should have access to, you should have at the ready...voice comms!

Simple.

Both Ventrilo and Teamspeak is free, their use is free, the downloads are quick, the software size small, the install its even faster and setting it up is only a few minutes. Headphones are cheap, USB mikes are even cheaper...CPU loads are small...very limited, if any drop in performance.

Get it, use it, live it...Beat those Feds!

I have a Free, Public KDF Vent server. Use it whenever, as long as its for KDF operations. Hop on and invite players to use it like its yours. Its small, but it will accomodate any PvP group size, or two Raid groups. If it needs to be increased, I'll increase the number of user slots as needed.

Vent Server info: 64.34.180.228 Port:3420

That is all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm not letting anyone tell me what I have to install or how to play.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I miss out on a lot of stuff because of this. I'm hearing impaired and using ts of vent at volumes that I can hear makes my ears ring like mad. But I realize that a lot, if not all, 'group' play is made easier with the use of voice chat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2010, 04:10 PM
They do help, but imo arnt that important if the group has skill and know how to play their class/ship...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I have no trouble without any voice chat either. Its no instant 'make me a good player' thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-23-2010, 12:13 PM
No, it won't automatically make you better, but it does make it easy to call for help, or designate a target on the fly. There is no doubt in my mind that a team that's using Vent (or TS) and coordinating their efforts will beat a chat-text-only team every time.

That said, I play a lot at night, with my wife in bed trying to sleep about 4 feet away from my desk, so I rarely ever use it. But it's still a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
It makes my personal game experience worse to hear my team eat chips, crack jokes or get annoying 'heal me revive me, heal me, yadda yadda'. I played efficiently with teams - even random teams - by a simple rolecall. 'I tank, I heal, I flank' and such before starting; simple instructions 'no respawns/revive only, no heals' or general strategic calls 'target x first/player x does (whatever, kill nodes, disable force fields)'. If someone needs instructions on every step of the way, fine. But if you play with people who know their class and how to use it, you can easily do without.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
But if you play with people who know their class and how to use it, you can easily do without.
And thats the problem...lucky you if you are able to do that on the regular. But there are many not so skilled players out there who could learn to be better. For Raids its essential you work well together...but have you tried to do a KDF Raid lately...you have to take what you get...beggers cant be choosers. Voice comms helps to smooth out the rough patches.

When(Im being faithful here) the Open PvP war comes, we'll need all the improved cxoordination we can get...we'll need to spool up as many KDF players as possible.

Because then it wont be just about how good "I" am...its about how good "we" operate as Ad Hoc groups...wide spread use of voice comms will improve that. I can handle the chips and the call outs...but I also see it as an opportunity to teach less experienced players(in combat or in the use of voice comms) how to utilize the tool properly, how to excerise comm discipline...and lucky for me, if they are a real drag, I can kick them from my server.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I have no desire to install third-party software to talk to complete strangers who are potentially creepier than *ME*.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
And thats the problem...lucky you if you are able to do that on the regular. But there are many not so skilled players out there who could learn to be better. For Raids its essential you work well together...but have you tried to do a KDF Raid lately...you have to take what you get...beggers cant be choosers. Voice comms helps to smooth out the rough patches.

When(Im being faithful here) the Open PvP war comes, we'll need all the improved cxoordination we can get...we'll need to spool up as many KDF players as possible.

Because then it wont be just about how good "I" am...its about how good "we" operate as Ad Hoc groups...wide spread use of voice comms will improve that. I can handle the chips and the call outs...but I also see it as an opportunity to teach less experienced players(in combat or in the use of voice comms) how to utilize the tool properly, how to excerise comm discipline...and lucky for me, if they are a real drag, I can kick them from my server.
I understand your frustration. Thats why we set up KDF Aliance vent. So people can find groups for PvP or PvE. Here is the Link explaining it.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=153903