Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, I *am* picky with my teams. In both factions. I do not team with C4PTN LOLWUT of the USS Roflcopter, I do not team with immature players spamming zone with questions that could be answered by simply looking on a map, and I don't team with people that want me to use voice chat.

If I'd have to start explaining my team every time what they have to do when, my fun is gone. Hello, its STFs you talk about, yes? At BG5/RA5, people should know how to play their class/ship. If they havent learned it then, they likely won't learn it in combat via voice chat.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
i have both TS3 and Vent
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
It makes my personal game experience worse to hear my team eat chips, crack jokes or get annoying 'heal me revive me, heal me, yadda yadda'. I played efficiently with teams - even random teams - by a simple rolecall. 'I tank, I heal, I flank' and such before starting; simple instructions 'no respawns/revive only, no heals' or general strategic calls 'target x first/player x does (whatever, kill nodes, disable force fields)'. If someone needs instructions on every step of the way, fine. But if you play with people who know their class and how to use it, you can easily do without.
100% agree.
I absolutly hate voicechat in every form because It ruins my game experience. period.
I want to play a STAR TREK game and not listen to absolutly unknown peole eating or doing whatever they are doing. And i will never install any kind of Voicechat.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Yeah...Im yelling.
Which is exactly why I don't like using either of those programs. The very last thing I want to hear when I'm trying to play a game is some kid/teen/megalomaniacal control freak/etc/etc/etc screaming at someone because they've been stupid enough to respawn outside of the forcefield (again), won't get into formation, keeps firing torpedoes, won't do it like he/she wants it, etc.

I also really don't like the idea of running with a big tough Klingon or Gorn and then hearing them represented by a near falsetto voice.

Some may say that this will keep me from getting picked for groups, but that's a good thing. I don't want to hear them, they don't want to type to me, everyone's happy. I've run in many many successful groups where no one had TS/Vent (gasp), so until Cryptic invents something that transforms little 9 year old Billy-Jo-Bubba-Bob's voice into K'thon the Klingon (and censors hysterical temper tantrums), you'll never catch my dulcet tones wafting through your headphones.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-26-2010, 04:37 AM
I listen to music when playing. I can barely hear the ingame audio, because it's turned down so low. I don't want to hear anyone's voice other than the one playing on my MP3 player.

Thanks, but no thanks
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-26-2010, 04:45 AM
I definitely don't want to have to listen to random people I PuG with. In fact, I'd like to be able to ram a few of the more irritating ones.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Vent is Good
05-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Vent is a really useful extra to have when involed in lare scale fleet ops. I think it will really help to smoothen out any operation. Lots of serious gamers use it for many multiplayer games. It does not make you a better player but it sure as hell improves fleet co-ordination, which usually decides the diffrence between victory and defeat in PVP. Especially with the resource gatherring missions.
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Vent and TS can be a MASSIVE help to those of us who are less experienced. Can you imagine doing STF's where the inexperienced people die every two minutes and you have to begin again? You'd get VERY frustrated VERY fast and probably give up if the inexperienced people don't quit due to not knowing what's going on and not seeing any help from the experienced people.

Vent can help wth that a bit by allowing you to accurately tell someone what to expect and what to watch out for. It can also help because you can HEAR when someone needs help without having to constantly watch the side bar for someone dying and not being able to focus properly on the fight.

It's a force multiplier for alot of groups because it improves coordination between group members. Worth a try at the very least and alot of fleets are already using some kind of VOIP.

as for : -

"It makes my personal game experience worse to hear my team eat chips, crack jokes or get annoying 'heal me revive me, heal me, yadda yadda'. "

You obviously have never even TRIED voice comms because most voice comms can be setup with a PTT or Push To Talk button, meaning you don't hear them eating unless they're pressing the button or hot mic'ing and it's pretty easy to mute said person until someone boots them from the server. There's also the option of hoping into another channel if you're on ventrillo but I'd guess that most people on a server like that would be too busy to "crack jokes and eat noisily over a mic" if you're in the right channel with the rest of your team mates.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
You have obviously never played with people that are unaware of such buttons and have their mic open ALL THE TIME.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArievDhien
You have obviously never played with people that are unaware of such buttons and have their mic open ALL THE TIME.
That is really few and far between. But you have your play style and enjoy it that way.

A better option would be to find players who want to use vent. If you like Vent or TS then seek out those that use it.