Lt. Commander
I say Star Trek because there can't be any more Star Wars movies unless Luke turns evil and knocks up a princess.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-04-2010, 06:39 PM
You even have to ask?

Now don't get me wrong, I *like* Star Wars, kinda the same way I *like BSG* and *REALLY like* Mass Effect....

But I **LOVE** Star Trek.

Also phaser pwns laser any day, the force is over-rated, and if I could choose between a tube of green/blue/purple/red plasma or a folding trinium katana..... I'd choose the Katana.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Hm...the perennial question...

At this point, Star Trek.

Ok, the why- because at this point, I want to take George Lucas and string him on a rack for a few days for what he did with the series after Phantom Menace.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Star Trek is about science, war, love, drama, and bold exploration, in space.

Star Wars is about magical laser monks in the future-past.

I don't think it's a valid comparison.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
There isn't a better one. It's all personal opinion.

*jumps into subspace*
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
why would you come to a web site dedicated to one fan fiction and vomit out a ridiculously old comparison over and over again?

troll much?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Star Wars is about magical laser monks in the future-past.
Cheddar Monks.

Also, genetic science in ST = KHAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!

Genetic sci in SW = bucket heads.

do the math.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
All I know is I really would like to have my Trill captain be able to spend time in her quarters and even set up as a family unit.

Beyond that, I really am not that interested in trying to compare Star Wars and Star Trek other than I want to put Lucas on the rack.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Also phaser pwns laser any day
Star Wars weapons have as much in common with Lasers as Photon Torpedoes do light bulbs.

Both Star Wars "Lasers" and Star Trek "Photon" torpedoes are misnomers, and have nothing to do with the technology they're actually based on.

Star Wars fighter-scale and capital-scale weapons are actually plasma-based.

A good read:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/tlc/
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Here's the thing.

Star Wars has more entertainment value, but because of this it sacrificed substance and originality. Star Wars deals with no issues whatsoever, the only thing even remotely close being the redemption of Anakin Skywalker. Star Wars has also been done in one format or another since the dawn of time. Literally thousands of other stories are exactly like SW. These stories all involve a fatherless protagonist with some kind of special power who is guided by some sort of wiseman confront his father, eventually the mentor must die, the son must face his father one final time etc. etc. etc.

Star Trek dealt with real issues that are still relevant to the human experience. The material in the shows made you think and ask questions of yourself. That is why I prefer Trek.