Lt. Commander
# 31
05-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Executive Producer Craig Zinkievich checks in with this month's state of the game.

Link to the news article.
This is epic...
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the update Craig. Please stop nerfing our combat system, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Zinc, when it comes down to it, you and your team are doing a fantastic job. I was p***'d at Undine terradome bugs....but i know ya'll are working your asses off. Down the road, despite setbacks, I still have faith in STO. Thanks.

Boldly go.

----------------
Cpt. Steven Rasilek
Stonewall Fleet
Strength in Diversity
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Thank for the update, I always love hearing whats to come.

Open PvP, make it so. But do it right or don't do it at all.

It is #1 on my wish list.

A control system that affect the whole sector block. Instances, when you lost them they can be retaken. please no lock downs. Limited or no ganking in sector space.

Love the game keep it coming.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Grats to dstahl!

I have no idea what "Alt-your BOff" means.

Alternate Bridge Officers?

Rotating roster? That would be neat.
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
A very nice state of the game, indeed. So many exciting features set for season 2. I can't wait to give them a spin. And it looks like I'll finally have motivation to level my Klingon alt with 'several' exclusive episodes in addition to the new Breen (!!!!!!!) content. Keep up the great work guys.

Also, a big congratulations to dstahl on becoming a father!
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Sounds great Thanks Craig for the update
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to the Minigames, Sidekicking and Third Faction. Gogogo Dominion!
Lt. Commander
# 39
05-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Good update, thanks Zink. I love how much communication Cryptic provides. Thanks C-Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddonx View Post
...I hope the new level cap doesn't mean my Mark X equipment I've worked so hard for will be obsolete now. Although I'm pretty sure they will up the "Mark" to XIII or something. Total speculation.[/i]
I would expect at VA1 to get a new ship and Mk XI and XII (11 and 12) if they stick to the same pattern they've done so far. Frankly I'm looking forward to it. Would love to get some rare/very rare X-XII consoles to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neligahn View Post
All right, I'm going to be honest here (as if I don't already speak my mind too often for my own good) and my goal is to state my opinion clearly without coming off badly.

I, frankly, have no idea what to think about this.

While I am intrigued by new ideas for the game, I know that a good portion of them will not be as well thought out or executed as my hopes and dreams wish them to be.

Content is great, it really is, but this game is STILL buggy as all get out. There's continual context popups in the midst of combat, NPCs and baddies jumping around like Mario on Left for Dead's Adrenaline.

Please, I'm begging someone higher up in the Crpytic chain, give us a Season 1.9 that is dedicated solely to fixing all that's game breakingly wrong with the State of STO. The grouping systems, the sheer un-balance of PvE ground combat. It's like We got our one scoop of vanilla ice cream, and now they're just pouring chocolate syrup on it, hoping we don't notice the quickly melting tiny serving of frozen treat.

I'm not a hater and I've been trying to give STO more of a chance, but I've done the Big Dig twice now and both times the "gameplay" threatened to rip my soul from it's remaining tether: Infinite spawning bad guys in rediculous numbers, absurdly drawn out mission requirements, one of our team members even got screwed out of any sort of reward because they spent the whole time healing their teammates and not shooting.

I say again, Cryptic, please, please, PLEASE, stop with the chocolate sauce. Take a moment, look at the mess that's on the table, drive to the store, grab a whole new variety of ice cream and come back to us. Give us an ice cream feast. Then, when we're done with that, tell us you're working on the grocery list for the next feast.

Pace it out. You can't fix a broken leg with a band aid. Please fix the game first and add to it later. It can't wait anymore.

I hope this is thought out enough.

Thank you.
/signed +1 Well said Neligahn. I too am not a hater. This is my first MMO, I'm playing because it's Star Trek. But I do agree, the vanilla is getting bland. Please Cryptic. Take some time to polish up the crome before adding the fuzzy dice.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-21-2010, 11:08 PM
great post, with great content, wich means a great future for STO!