Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
None of those hoity-toity, high-faluten mini-games for the Feds. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind, nor would I put it past Klingons to play deep thinking, strategy based games that are chess like in nature. But there would be other forms of entertainment that is much more entrenched in simple games of conflict also. Something definitly not Starfleet in any nature or stretch of the imagination.

What I want Targ pit-fighting. A simple duel style, pet combat. Somewhere in the back area of the Great Hall courtyard, there could be a few pits. You then enter a pit fighting instances where you can request duels/pit-fights...or there can be a queue. Last thing we need the main instance being spammed.

I was hoping that the targ combat would be better than just spamming attacks(God forbid there be a block button/function). Instead, attacks would be auto-initiated by the targ based on openings created by the player. Ideally, the players would be inputing commands/inputs while the targs maneuver about posturing and feigning attacks. The idea would be the timely input of counter commands. Not inputing the proper counter within a timely manner creates an opening/expose on your targ which the oppossing targ auto attacks through.

Commands/inputs could be for various attacks/specials...which themselves have to be properly inputed in order to have the chance for it to activate if improperly countered. Commands and counters could be as easy as arrow button sequences. Counter might be inputing the opposing arrows in the sequence. Light attacks may have short sequences, but require faster counter response, like 2 secs. Heavy attacks might be more complex, but have longer counter response times, like 3-4 secs.

Of course, the option to customize our targs will be part of the fun. Even the possibility of wins being rewarded with special credits and skill points we can use to buy certain customization items(purely cosmetic) and small stat/attack bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-22-2010, 01:18 AM
That sounds like fun. Add to that a breeding aspect and I think your idea is gold.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Love it! And that breeding idea would be fantastic as well! You could get the title "Targ Breeder" for it!
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Awesome idea !!! I like it very much
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I like the breeding idea too...why didnt I think of that?
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
I like the breeding idea too...why didnt I think of that?
Because I'm a genius. In fact, I'm two of them. You could call me a Genie.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah, and drinking contests.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Headbutting games!
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-22-2010, 01:45 PM
You might want to post some of those on this thread, to few Klingons there!
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjiru View Post
Because I'm a genius. In fact, I'm two of them. You could call me a Genie.
*rubs lamp again* Come on, there are certainly more great ideas. :p

I love this idea - combined with a Targ breeding system, its perfect.

You also have the Gorn attack saurs, so why not have pit fights Targ vs Saur, too? Also breed saurs, for the reptilian species. I kinda like the idea to carry a huge egg around that gives me buffs. ^^