Lt. Commander
# 1 Season 2 Chit Chat
05-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Season 2
Season 2 is nearly upon us, and we’ve been working on a ton of content for that release:

Minigames – Yes, ThomastheCat, there really is a Santa Claus. Or, at least, there really will be minigames in STO. As of update 1.3, you’ll be able to play Dabo at Quark’s. And we’ll be adding several more minigames throughout your ship and the galaxy in Season 2. There’s a great thread about minigames on the forums. Jump on board and chime in!
Federation Diplomatic Corps – Federation players will be able to focus more on non-combat content and gain rank within the Diplomatic Corps. There are some very cool rewards in there, and some new diplomatic/exploration Episodes and missions. In fact, I played through a new “First Contact” scenario yesterday …

We see a lot of potential for future diplomatic updates.
Faction Free Episodes –The majority of Episodic content we’re adding to STO will be faction-agnostic. Both Klingon and Federation captains will be able to play through this content (although, probably not together – unless you really want to). The Breen Episodes and the high-end episodes in fluidic space will be available to Klingons.
Klingon Exclusive Episodes - Because everyone loves Klingons, right? Season 2 has several Episodes just for Klingons. (The Fek’Lhri are scary, but I so want to fly one of their ships …)
Bumping the Cap – We’re moving the cap up 6 grades to Vice Admiral 1. There will be more rewards and more content for those of you up at the end of the game.
Ship Interiors – I have walked the curved hallways of my crew deck on the way to MY ten-forward …
Weekly Content – We’re looking to start rolling out an Episode every week. Like a “STO Tuesdays” sorta thing (it may even happen on Tuesdays, but no promises on that one). We’ll start rolling out weekly Episodes after Season 2 goes live.
Fleet Logos, High End Content, and Beyond … all before the end of July.

Iam not sure about you guys but heheh I cant wait. Discuss...
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-21-2010, 06:44 PM
But will the demo include any of that for those of us still on the fence about buying this game to try out?
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-21-2010, 06:46 PM
At last, content for Klingons, hope there is a good amount because as soon as season two is out I’m making a Gorn.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Iam really stoked on the whole level cap. Iam curious what they have for missions. I mean...finishing RA5 your already doing borg content...so are we possibly looking at a new sector coming in? We going to go to the same sectors again and do different missions...oh the questions lol

Also states new rewards...are we getting vice admiral clothing
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotD
But will the demo include any of that for those of us still on the fence about buying this game to try out?
Probably little to none. If they expand the demo it might be for another mission or 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
Iam really stoked on the whole level cap. Iam curious what they have for missions. I mean...finishing RA5 your already doing borg content...so are we possibly looking at a new sector coming in? We going to go to the same sectors again and do different missions...oh the questions lol

Also states new rewards...are we getting vice admiral clothing
I heard something about a new sector, I'm not sure if its coming in Season 2 or later.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2010, 07:31 PM
I believe they said a new sector was coming. Don't know when though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Fluidic Space
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFB
Yup it looks like we will get at least to new sectors in Season 2 according to the engineering report.

Season 2.0 - July

* STF – “Into the Hive”
* Random BOFF Stores
* Curved Federation Ship Hallways
* Smaller Federation Hallways (non-combat versions)
* Player Ship Interiors
* New Skillpoint Level Cap
* Klingon Episodes
* High End Episode Sector
* Multi-Faction Episode Sector
* Federation Diplomatic Corps
* New Enemy Ship Designs
* New Enemy Group to the Klingon Faction
* New Global Enemy Group for Series 1
* Wildlife Creatures
* New Off-Duty Costumes Types
* Klingon Costume Customization Updates
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
All very cool stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen76
Yup it looks like we will get at least to new sectors in Season 2 according to the engineering report.

Season 2.0 - July

* STF – “Into the Hive”
* Random BOFF Stores
* Curved Federation Ship Hallways
* Smaller Federation Hallways (non-combat versions)
* Player Ship Interiors
* New Skillpoint Level Cap
* Klingon Episodes
* High End Episode Sector
* Multi-Faction Episode Sector
* Federation Diplomatic Corps
* New Enemy Ship Designs
* New Enemy Group to the Klingon Faction
* New Global Enemy Group for Series 1
* Wildlife Creatures
* New Off-Duty Costumes Types
* Klingon Costume Customization Updates